Get Greg Davis out of town

Herkyalert

Banned
I told everyone he was a bad hire and I was right. The lack of downfield plays is comical and criminal.

Davis does not realize he doesn't have the talent he did at Texas. He won't conform to the type of players he has and needs to get run out in a rail.

Great sense of the first down marker on that last drive Davis. It's no wonder NOBODY wanted you other than Iowa when you were fired because your offense stinks.

So because 1 receiver wasn't past the line and Vandy threw it to him that's on GD's offense?

Get real. GD actually called a good game today. Those bootlegs and trick plays worked, and like always there were open receivers downfield all day long.

Nope. U of I will extend him until 2020. It's beyond comical who the entire opposing Defense plays all 11 guys within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage, because we never even TRY to throw downfield. The kicker here is that JVB has always thrown better down the field, his short throws are almost IMPOSSIBLE to catch b/c he has NO TOUCH. Way to maximize his talents KF and GD!!!!!!!

So because 1 receiver wasn't past the line and Vandy threw it to him that's on GD's offense?

Get real. GD actually called a good game today. Those bootlegs and trick plays worked, and like always there were open receivers downfield all day long.
Iowa runs mainly outs and crossing patterns. Re-watch the game.

He gone.... I predicted that if we lost out he would be gone. We can't get rid of Kirk but I believe Barta will force Kirk to make changes and this will also help put Kirk back in the good graces of the fan base because they will be happy for the change.

and the runs up the middle. really good calls there too.

I'm baffled by the decision to CONSTANTLY throw short on 3rd and 4th downs. I understand that once in a while you just have to dump it off and hope for the best, but we do it over and over and over.

I tend to agree with this, just because jvb always throw to the One guy that is the check down. Many times all other routes are deeper....

Iowa runs mainly outs and crossing patterns. Re-watch the game.
Just like almost every other team in college and the NFL. What do you want? KD and CJF on go routes and double moves? Lulz.

GD called a good game, and you ******** about him every week like he is the reason Iowa sucks is silly. It's mostly Vandy and the depleted OL, with some receiving drops mixed in.

Yes that's on his offense. Why call a play where the 1st read doesn't even go past the 1st down marker???!!! GD couldn't do it anymore at Texas with 5* recruits all over the field. Why would he ever do it with 3* players? GD needs to be gone.

I also think our defense needs to blitz more. Anyone can see we need to put more pressure on the qb. Why can't they figure it out? wtf!

I tend to agree with this, just because jvb always throw to the One guy that is the check down. Many times all other routes are deeper....

Perhaps. But then call a play in which the check down receiver takes the two extra steps necessary to get beyond the first down marker.

and how many balls did Bullock drop that would have kept drives alive, this was a day where Weisman would have made a huge difference since Purdue sold out to stop the run.
how many passes did the TE'S CATCH, and how about that bootleg to get Iowa from the 1 to the 21, you really watch other games there are many times where other team throw it short even Purdue thru it short the only difference is Iowa receiver are caught before they even turn upfield,, this type of offense drives Iowa nuts on defense, this dink and dunk type passing,
and if you would really pay attention Hitchens and Morris were both on thje bench in the 2nd half because of Injuries and those 2 are Iowa's leading Tacklers,
then Iowa had a rebuit OL today starting 2 RSFR at the Guard spots, this was evident in the sacks and pressure Purdue was getting on JVB.
BUT THIS DOES NOT MATTER TO THE HATERS.

A guy I know in Iowa City, said he sees Greg Davis almost every day.

He lives a couple blocks from Davis. But Davis always turns a couple streets short and ends up at this guy's house instead.

Can someone please post that schematic of the Greg Davis 3rd down offense again. Gives me a chuckle every time.

Latest posts