Get a PG and call it a day.

IATrainMaster101

With the recent news that Basame is likely a Hawk (assuming he is), I think if we can get a quality Juco PG we take them and call it a day recruiting for this season.

Marble- F
Gattens -JR
May- So
Payne-So
Quality JUCO PG-Jr

Bassame- F
McCabe-F
Cole-Sr
Cougill-So
Brommer-Jr
Archie-Jr

This line up gives us some good D1 experience, nice depth, some athletic options at each position and spaces the classes out nicely giving us the opportunity to sign 3 each year and rebuild quickly (assuming recruiting goes well).

If Fran is an Xs and Os guy, I think he can do well with this group in the Non Conf, and be a competative bottom half finisher in the B10.

I would really love to Have Jake Kelly back for Next season. I think he could make this team dangerous.

With the recent news that Basame is likely a Hawk (assuming he is), I think if we can get a quality Juco PG we take them and call it a day recruiting for this season.

Marble- F
Gattens -JR
May- So
Payne-So
Quality JUCO PG-Jr

Bassame- F
McCabe-F
Cole-Sr
Cougill-So
Brommer-Jr
Archie-Jr

This line up gives us some good D1 experience, nice depth, some athletic options at each position and spaces the classes out nicely giving us the opportunity to sign 3 each year and rebuild quickly (assuming recruiting goes well).

If Fran is an Xs and Os guy, I think he can do well with this group in the Non Conf, and be a competative bottom half finisher in the B10.

I would really love to Have Jake Kelly back for Next season. I think he could make this team dangerous.

Am I reading your post correctly? Are the first 5 your starting 5?? I'm not sure a starting lineup without a guy over 6'5" is going to get it done in the big ten? However, I agree with the rest of your post.

Am I reading your post correctly? Are the first 5 your starting 5?? I'm not sure a starting lineup without a guy over 6'5" is going to get it done in the big ten? However, I agree with the rest of your post.

I agree .. .. From what I've seen and heard, Basabe would start before Marble. Not that I think he's a better player, but Marble is more of a shooting guard/small forward. Basabe falls into the power forward mold. I could actually see a starting 5 of Archie/Cougill (one, not both), Cole, May, Gatens, Payne.

The rest of the post is good. We do need a point guard to help/spell Payne. I'm sure Nick Neari is a fine athlete in his own right, but I don't see him getting more then 5 minutes a game. If Caff is really going to run the floor, Payne is going to need more then 5 minutes of rest per game.

A JuCo pg would be a good addition especially this late in the recruiting season. I don't want to see us locked into a mediocre pg for 4 years. I'd rather see Caff use the scholly on a JuCo and then have it available again in 2 years.

GO HAWKS!!!

I agree .. .. From what I've seen and heard, Basabe would start before Marble. Not that I think he's a better player, but Marble is more of a shooting guard/small forward. Basabe falls into the power forward mold. I could actually see a starting 5 of Archie/Cougill (one, not both), Cole, May, Gatens, Payne.

The rest of the post is good. We do need a point guard to help/spell Payne. I'm sure Nick Neari is a fine athlete in his own right, but I don't see him getting more then 5 minutes a game. If Caff is really going to run the floor, Payne is going to need more then 5 minutes of rest per game.

A JuCo pg would be a good addition especially this late in the recruiting season. I don't want to see us locked into a mediocre pg for 4 years. I'd rather see Caff use the scholly on a JuCo and then have it available again in 2 years.

GO HAWKS!!!

I think this is the sentiment of the majority of hawk fans. and I'm sure that Caff is going to get the best fit for the program. He understands the needs bettter than anyone, and I think he knows taht there is some talent in this state the next few years and wants to be able to capitalize on it.

I am guessing he broke it down by guys that can handle the ball vs bigs.

I would like to see Fran bank only one scholarship. I agree a good Juco PG is a must after that get guys that fit and are athletic.

I am guessing he broke it down by guys that can handle the ball vs bigs.

I would like to see Fran bank only one scholarship. I agree a good Juco PG is a must after that get guys that fit and are athletic.

ah, thank you for the clarification. The fact that there were 5 threw me off.

I woulnd't mind hanging on to 2 schollies, so we have 3 for next year.

Marble- F
Gattens -JR
May- So
Payne-So
Quality JUCO PG-Jr

Bassame- F
McCabe-F
Cole-Sr
Cougill-So
Brommer-Jr
Archie-Jr

Still wondering if Brommer and Archie will stick....but if they do, I guess adding Melsahn Basabe,and a solid juco pg is probably the way to go this year...if Brommer or Archie leave,then add a big man of some stripe if possible.

My expectations for next year have dropped with Fuller and Larson bailing,and now it is clearly going to be tougher to maintain any kind of early momentum for Fran....but they have to try to avoid a disaster season...schedule accordingly,win all the cupcakes, upset ISU or UNI, and win one game in the Virgin Isles, then try to win at home vs Mich,IU,NW,and maybe Wis.or Minny...and get 13-14 wins.

Latest posts