Gesell wants to prove Hawkeyes belong in NCAA field

Love the motivation and that is what I would expect to see..

That said long run in NIT will be that just that a long run. The NCAA Tourny is the "IT FACTOR" right now, nobody outside of Iowa fans and the other teams still in the NIT will care much about what is happening in the NIT.

That said long run in NIT will be that just that a long run. The NCAA Tourny is the "IT FACTOR" right now, nobody outside of Iowa fans and the other teams still in the NIT will care much about what is happening in the NIT.

64% of Dan Patrick listeners disagree with you.

While I kind of agree with this statement, at the same time I love the attitude. Rather than take it as an exhibition game that means nothing to the players I think it helps motivate them for "the other tournament". While it may not be the tournament everyone (including themselves) wanted to be playing in, there is no reason that they shouldn't look for ways to motivate themselves to win the tournament and make the best of a bad situation.

I do not care what anyone says or thinks, it would be sweet to not lose again for the remainder of the year.

I do not care what anyone says or thinks, it would be sweet to not lose again for the remainder of the year.

Agreed completely. If winning the NIT with this chip on their shoulder is what they need to get them dancing next year so be it. I'm just glad they're still playing because I enjoy watching them. And let's be honest, win tonite, and these guys could benefit from any opportunity to play a meaningful game on the road or a neutral court.