Georgia Tech vs Kent State Orange bowl

PJHawk

As this writer points out it could happen - add to that a UF/Rutgers Sugar bowl and you have the BCS at its finest:

Look what happens if Kent State makes the BCS. The Flashes almost surely would be the last pick of the BCS bowls. Which means a Florida State-Kent State Orange Bowl. Or if you really want to dream, how about 6-6 Georgia Tech upsetting Florida State in the ACC title game. That would give us a 7-6 Georgia Tech against Kent State on New Year’s Night.

Big 12 football: We are, Kent State | Berry Tramel's Blog

...Kent State vs. NIU for the MAC Championship.

Sadly, NIU's loss to us is a much better loss than the one Kent State has (A 47-14 walloping at the hands of 2-10 Kentucky)

It'd be hard for NIU to jump into that Top 14 sadly..

It'd be hard for NIU to jump into that Top 14 sadly..

They dont need to be top 14. A never before used BCS by-law is going to come into play for the Kent St/NIU winner which says top 16 and ranked higher than an AQ champ (Big East champ is going to be 25 at best) will get at-large bid.

I think PJ is correct. That's the path most likely if it is to happen. I actually think NIU in a BCS Bowl is good for the game. Probably in the minority, but it seems I usually am.

I think PJ is correct. That's the path most likely if it is to happen. I actually think NIU in a BCS Bowl is good for the game. Probably in the minority, but it seems I usually am.

And since we beat NIU that means we are basically a BCS level team.

I don't see it happening. I think NIU wins the MAC but won't jump enough in the polls to qualify for a BCS bid, which is unfortunate, because I truly feel the winner deserves a shot. Not saying that the MAC champion is one of the top 10 teams in the nation, but lets face it they deserve it more than say a Georgia Tech.

I do as a matter of fact. And as upset as I get with folks that need to pay more attention to installing my seat covers at the factory, instead of posting on HN during their work day, every third Christmas season my family shares with the peasants.

I do as a matter of fact. And as upset as I get with folks that need to pay more attention to installing my seat covers at the factory, instead of posting on HN during their work day, every third Christmas season my family shares with the peasants.

You sound like very self-important person. A classic case of small mans'syndrome at work. Good luck with being able to rise above that.

You sound like very self-important person. A classic case of small mans'syndrome at work. Good luck with being able to rise above that.

Thanks for your concern. I've found many times that those that most like to throw the bait are also the most susceptible to taking the bait. It is very interesting to me, and entertaining as well. Especially since at one point, I told you exactly what I was going to do, and then went ahead and did it.

Internet trollers and all that. I don't understand all that stuff. It seems a great waste of time to me, but I've had some time to waste recently,

Illuminiti. 1%. Yes, it is. Secret hand shake. Secret ring. I might go to the Orange Bowl. I'm usually down there this that time of year.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Well, I was speaking only in terms of your general outlook on college athletics and all things Hawkeye, but good on ya. If I, as an anonymous fellow poster, may ask only one small favor it would be to humbly request that you make the Christmas offering an annual event.