Georges Niang says Fred Hoiberg was offered Celtics Job

That pretty much confirms what we all knew:

The Celtics are committed to tanking for at least the next couple of years.

Not shocking...the day Brad Stevens was hired someone at ESPN said they had heard Fred was their first choice. I just wish I could remember who it was, but I didn't care enough to have it register that deep.

They only wanted him for his rolodex.:p

Wouldn't that be funny if he came into his office one day and thought he lost his rolodex? For a second he would be all like "oh, CRAP!", but then he'd start shuffling around papers and - whoopsie! - it was hidden behind the Jimmy John's bag from yesterday's lunch. WHEW!

Fred Hoiberg also said Flip Saunders is a HOF coach, I think we're seeing Hoiberg likes to exaggerate things just a lil bit.

Sorry can't hear you guys from the NCAA tournament.
It's halfway to August, you may want to have a doctor check that out...preferably an otolaryngologist from the University of Iowa... :D

By the way, you COULD hear us...or you wouldn't have replied... :p

[Sorry can't hear you guys from the NCAA tournament.

HawkeyeShane;1143825]It's halfway to August, you may want to have a doctor check that out...preferably an otolaryngologist from the University of Iowa... :D

By the way, you COULD hear us...or you wouldn't have replied... :p

Give the guy a break. He's been waiting for a long time to use that line. OK, maybe he jumped the gun a little bit, but with such a solid retort, can you blame him for being a little premature (a common Cyclone fallacy)?

Sorry can't hear you guys from the NCAA tournament.

God the ISU trolls on here are terrible. We really need to unban Ghost for a week so he can give them some pointers.

Also, Niang has admitted he was lying about this and it was all a "joke".

Wouldn't that be funny if he came into his office one day and thought he lost his rolodex? For a second he would be all like "oh, CRAP!", but then he'd start shuffling around papers and - whoopsie! - it was hidden behind the Jimmy John's bag from yesterday's lunch. WHEW!

There is no way that could happen. Fred keeps his rolodex with him at all times.

When he leaves the basketball complex it's in a locked briefcase handcuffed to his wrist.

Latest posts