Gawd IOWA Athletics are miserable...

In 35 years it is rare that the football and basketball programs are average at the same time. Maybe I need to become an Iowa ping pong fan!?

The sad part is that the football failure this season has removed patience and anger for the basketball season.

I'm not even angry on how bad the team played tonight. They played like they have the last 2-3 years just like the football team has the last 2-3 years. Only now they're not even scoring in the 80's while losing.

I watch games. Not emotionally invested. Just something to pass time.

Iowa athletics are a complete and utter train wreck. Gary Barta is the worst freaking AD in the history of collegiate athletics and some how that clown still has a job. I guess we were leading ISU at the half in football.....says Barta.

I'm done caring and I won't donate 1 more dollar to the athletic program. I was a season ticket holder in football for 13 years, but I'm done. This crap is pathetic. It's a culture of losing at the University and the only thing Garta Barta and Sally Mason care about is money. Just pathetic.

I'm glad someone started this thread already. I thought I was going to have to do it. The ONLY thing Bary Garta got right was the baseball hire...GREAT hire there. As for the rest of his decisions?.....I think we call that throwing it in the circular file and flush it. Barta's an idiot.

Football is excruciating boring

Basketball.... this is the deepest team in the country of mediocre talent.

I do believe that you look for common thread or root cause and it lands at the AD desk. Not sure that there is any fire coming from there. Like any organization, if you don't provide spark, there won't be fire. Barta just doesn't get that done. He is simply staffing his position, nothing more. So, mediocre results - that's all we can expect.

Iowa athletics are a complete and utter train wreck. Gary Barta is the worst freaking AD in the history of collegiate athletics and some how that clown still has a job. I guess we were leading ISU at the half in football.....says Barta.

I'm done caring and I won't donate 1 more dollar to the athletic program. I was a season ticket holder in football for 13 years, but I'm done. This crap is pathetic. It's a culture of losing at the University and the only thing Garta Barta and Sally Mason care about is money. Just pathetic.

We graduate our players in 4 years and have more Academic All-Americans than Iowa State, so there's that.

I'm glad someone started this thread already. I thought I was going to have to do it. The ONLY thing Bary Garta got right was the baseball hire...GREAT hire there. As for the rest of his decisions?.....I think we call that throwing it in the circular file and flush it. Barta's an idiot.

He doesn't have to compete against Iowa State for that either.

Latest posts