Gaul's holding call on canzeri run and no fumble reversal...

This whole thread is laughable. If any of you morons think officiating lost Iowa the game you need to have your head examined and finish transitioning to a Clown fan. It's embarassing to even have a thread dedicated to it.

Freaking exactly. Iowa got their rear ends handed to them in every phase of the game. Sure I was upset about the fumble call and the holding call, but in hindsight does it matter? King and duzeys fumbles were crushing blows to momentum and we actually had a field advantage AND the wind at our backs thee ENTIRE 3rd quarter and needed a freaking 38 yd run just to be tied @ 7-7 to end the quarter. Joke, we got out butts kicked, nothing changed that.

This whole thread is laughable. If any of you morons think officiating lost Iowa the game you need to have your head examined and finish transitioning to a Clown fan. It's embarassing to even have a thread dedicated to it.

Did you read my thread entirely, I said you cant blame the loss on these two calls, you never know what would have happened if the calls went the other way.

I just wanted to know what other's on here thougth and to vent at a few things.

I agree with the bad calls we saw: QB "non-fumble", Hills throw that--at best--MADE it to the LOS; the RB knee hitting before the TD; the punt returner for MD having his knee hit on the 5-yard line (although their penalty pretty much negated the return, anyway); the "hold" on the Canzeri was baffling.

But...and I am NOT going to take the easy route and slam JR, or do the ThunderHawk/JDMiller bi-polar swing...but...WTH? Weisman was running the ball well. MD was (obviously?) covering our receivers well enough. JR wasn't getting as much time to throw as in previous weeks. And CJB should have gotten SOME action. But...we completely and totally abandoned the run after Weisman's second TD?

I don't really think CJB presents the up-side JDM believes, nor do I think JR played well enough yesterday to NOT give CJB several series.

But...the problem is our scheme. Our OC. Our HC for NOT overruling the OC, if need be.

JDM made one significant statement: "I don't know what planet Greg Davis is on"

I don't like jumping (overtly) on GD, but yesterday told me that, no matter who is at QB/RB/WR, our scheme and play-calling is just not working.

I don't like jumping (overtly) on GD, but yesterday told me that, no matter who is at QB/RB/WR, our scheme and play-calling is just not working.

Call it scheme, call it offensive identity, call it GD not knowing how to use past plays to set up future plays, there is not a a rhythm to this offense.

Personally I think we have too many offensive plays run out of shotgun.

I think the pro-style run and play action game with qb under center is our best identity.

Rudock in shotgun is not working

CJ in shotgun or zone read could work.

If review cant get the call right then there is no reason to have it.

That being said, two plays didnt make this game. After first 7 minutes this team was absolutely man-handled. The final score is a fluke.

Latest posts