Garza....

Healzya

Something seems to be wrong. Just looks like he is laboring out there right from tip off.

Something seems to be wrong. Just looks like he is laboring out there right from tip off.

Maybe too many minutes, getting tired, someone was saying he wasnt getting back on defense which is a sure sign of both mental and physical fatigue

My guess is that the league now knows who he is. They body him tight, force tough shots, unpredictably double team, play help when he does his step through.
But he'll come out of it.

He seems to really struggle against powerful bigs. He's also relying way too much on his 3 point shot and not hitting many of them...2 for his last 11.

Every player goes through slumps but his has been especially brutal right now.

He just isn’t quick enough to go by people on offense and isn’t quick enough to guard people on the other end. Plus you get zero rim protection with his non vertical

He couldn’t lift in the offseason and struggles in the really physical games. He will keep battling. But the NCAA’s are made for his style of play. He will be a matchup nightmare IMO.

He needs to get his ass back on the boards and get himself going. The offense will come, be he needs to get himself in the mix early.

Watching him in transition it’s pretty clear that he struggles to get back. To me it looks like he’s tearing his guts out every time trying to get back to the other end and that has to wear on the guy eventually. A Moss or Cook, etc., they don’t pull that kind of plow. Even Woodbury was faster and that’s saying something.

Some people just aren’t fast runners and I really think that has big effect for such a simple thing.

1) You get worn out.

2) You don’t help your team out on the other end as much as you should.

3) It’s mentally frustrating.

16 points and 11 boards last night vs Indiana...is that ok with you?

Garza is a role player. Every role player has some weaknesses to their game or they would be stars. It is the tendency of internet know it all's to point out obvious weaknesses to validate their "superior knowledge".

In the paint Garza is one of the very best in the B1G. Outside of the paint is where weaknesses are exposed for a paint player. Garza inhabits a very important role for this team and I doubt we would win many without his contribution to the paint play.

16 points and 11 boards last night vs Indiana...is that ok with you?
Garza is a role player. Every role player has some weaknesses to their game or they would be stars. It is the tendency of internet know it all's to point out obvious weaknesses to validate their "superior knowledge".

In the paint Garza is one of the very best in the B1G. Outside of the paint is where weaknesses are exposed for a paint player. Garza inhabits a very important role for this team and I doubt we would win many without his contribution to the paint play.
He plays 100% all the time. Please remember he lost a lot of conditioning time due to his truly scary surgery. Also I would say he gets too much attention from the refs early in games if you know what I mean

He couldn’t lift in the offseason and struggles in the really physical games. He will keep battling. But the NCAA’s are made for his style of play. He will be a matchup nightmare IMO.

he might have hit a bit of a wall because he missed a lot of off season conditioning due to having a 9 lb blob removed from his stomach. he was out of commission for like a month or something.