Garza signs

I am half surprised he didn't get a full on regular deal but never the less his foot is more then through the door now. I have no doubt he'll take advantage of that opportunity and he'll stick in the league for a long time.

JW it sounds like is getting the same opportunity in SA. I'm not quite as confident about his chances at sticking but I'm rooting for him the same. I'm just happy they both got drafted and played well in the summer league and are getting their shot. Nothing could be better for the program they both represent everything that's good about Iowa's program

If I understand this correctly, the Pistons have all their salary cap space tied up into guaranteed contracts so they have no option, but to offer Garza a two way deal. I am not worried though, Garza may spend a minute or two on their G-league roster, however it is pretty clear the majority of the time his minutes will be NBA minutes.

21 and 15 doesn't hurt either.

Is that what it was? Didn't double check the box score. Did watch most of the game however.

The Pistons defeated the Lakers, 103-86. Saben Lee led all scorers with 22 points, along with five assists and two steals for the Pistons, while Luka Garza added 20 points and 14 rebounds in the victory. Jordan Floyd recorded 16 points and five assists for the Lakers in the losing effort. The Pistons improve to 2-2 in the Las Vegas Summer League, while the Lakers fall to 2-2.

Luka had 20 points and 14 rebounds which is not too shabby

I do believe I am going to start watching the NBA regular season once again

He might turn out to be a Steal for the Pistons

And have quite a few recruiting experts looking for employment and a new career

I would love to see it happen

The Pistons defeated the Lakers, 103-86. Saben Lee led all scorers with 22 points, along with five assists and two steals for the Pistons, while Luka Garza added 20 points and 14 rebounds in the victory. Jordan Floyd recorded 16 points and five assists for the Lakers in the losing effort. The Pistons improve to 2-2 in the Las Vegas Summer League, while the Lakers fall to 2-2.

Luka had 20 points and 14 rebounds which is not too shabby

I do believe I am going to start watching the NBA regular season once again

He might turn out to be a Steal for the Pistons

And have quite a few recruiting experts looking for employment and a new career

I would love to see it happen
I was actually referring to the Orlando game. I didn't see the Laker game but that is two solid games back to back for the Luke.

He looks great with the weight loss. So great his eyebrows seem to even look not as bushy. Maybe they will refer to him as Sophia Loren instead of Herman Muenster.

I was actually referring to the Orlando game. I didn't see the Laker game but that is two solid games back to back for the Luke.

He looks great with the weight loss. So great his eyebrows seem to even look not as bushy. Maybe they will refer to him as Sophia Loren instead of Herman Muenster.

He definitely trimmed those brows

His composure and leadership abilities really stand out

Luka B a Man on a Mission

Sweet, hopefully we can get some NBA talk going this winter!

I love it and get many hours of entertainment out of it. Lots of people seem to know it sucks without having even seen the product, IMO. It's definitely a long season but, when you have a team to root for, it doesn't really seem like it. I never feel like, "ugh, I have to watch a game tonight?!?" No way. Obviously some games are more fun than others, but when you really get into it, I think you tend to find little points of interest that go beyond the scoreboard. Heck, some of the most fun games of the year for me are the blowouts where you get to see the young guys get a bunch of minutes. Lots of games and only 30 teams also gets very cozy, very quick. You start to be able to identify a huge number of players by sight very quickly and then watch as they bounce around the league, develop, wash out, etc. Ymmv, but it's all very addictive for me!

Sweet, hopefully we can get some NBA talk going this winter!

I love it and get many hours of entertainment out of it. Lots of people seem to know it sucks without having even seen the product, IMO. It's definitely a long season but, when you have a team to root for, it doesn't really seem like it. I never feel like, "ugh, I have to watch a game tonight?!?" No way. Obviously some games are more fun than others, but when you really get into it, I think you tend to find little points of interest that go beyond the scoreboard. Heck, some of the most fun games of the year for me are the blowouts where you get to see the young guys get a bunch of minutes. Lots of games and only 30 teams also gets very cozy, very quick. You start to be able to identify a huge number of players by sight very quickly and then watch as they bounce around the league, develop, wash out, etc. Ymmv, but it's all very addictive for me!

Piston and Spurs

99.9% of their games will be on NBATV and you have to be a NBA diehard to get NBATV. I am checking out box scores and highlights from Spurs and Piston games and that's about it. Otherwise, I am just a casual observer until playoff time.

Last edited:
I love it and get many hours of entertainment out of it. Lots of people seem to know it sucks without having even seen the product, IMO.
It does suck, though. Not necessarily the skill because that's off the charts, but the product in general.

In the last golden age which was late 80s through the mid nineties it was a ridiculously exciting thing to watch. You had heroes and villains that you could root for and hate. It was a physical game that had larger than life personalities and it was definitely not a bunch of 133-119 three point contests. It was almost like pro basketball meets WWF with all of the huge personalities and story lines

There was a time when you had Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Shaq, Scottie Pippen, Bill Laimbeer, Isaiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Manute Bol, Spud Webb, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, John Stockton, and James Worthy all in the league and sometimes playing on the same night. It was fucking glorious and it was actually fun to watch. Today's NBA is made up of a bunch of whiny divas Like James and Westbrook more worried about how many rest days they get than mixing it up in the paint.

Again, it's not the skill level when people say the product is shit. I personally don't give a F if Steph Curry can make 47 threes in a row or James Harden can travel backwards 8 feet and hit his fadeaways. That's what the Harlem Globetrotters are for.

What I want to see is Bill Laimbeer and Larry Bird in a death match and Jordan kicking everyone's ass while he's almost dead from the flu, or Dennis Rodman getting booed by the visiting crowds when he blocks Isaiah Thomas with cheetah spotted hair and a nose ring. Today's game has no storylines other than diva shit between players on twitter, and there's zero physicality in the sense of what we used to have. Anyone who watched NBA Finals during that period and still thinks today's game is exciting is either dumb or lying.

So yeah, the NBA sucks shit to watch.

I don't know that anyone who disagrees with you is automatically "dumb or lying". Today's NBA game is different, for sure. I enjoyed watching all the players you mention, and I'm old enough to having enjoyed watching Wilt and Russell and Jerry West and Havelicek too. I enjoyed the rough and tumble of the Pistons/Bulls matchups also, but that level of physicality also takes something away from the game. I agree most NBA regular season games are currently unwatchable, and agree that it's not because of talent, but I don't think it's because they don't play a rugby-type style, for me it's because of a lack of creativity. I also think you paint with too broad of a brush: there are teams who play with passion, creativity and movement -- the Suns and Golden State come to mind -- and to lump them in with most other NBA teams who run pick and roll 95% of their offensive possessions is just..... While I'm sure there are a plenty of divas in the NBA, choosing James and Westbrook as examples is simply off the mark: James has probably absorbed more contact in the lane than any other player in NBA history and 90% of the time he just calmly gets up and walks to the FT line; and Westbrook may be a ball hog but is known as the most fearless (and some would say foolish) of all when it comes to driving the lane and taking punishment -- which is often.

I don't know that anyone who disagrees with you is automatically "dumb or lying".
Hyperbole is the spice of life, man. Especially here. Don't take it so serious.

While I'm sure there are a plenty of divas in the NBA, choosing James and Westbrook as examples is simply off the mark: James has probably absorbed more contact in the lane than any other player in NBA history and 90% of the time he just calmly gets up and walks to the FT line; and Westbrook may be a ball hog but is known as the most fearless (and some would say foolish) of all when it comes to driving the lane and taking punishment -- which is often.
James, Westbrook, Harden, Rondo, et al.... all huge divas off the court in the media and on twitter/instagram, etc. Total whiny princesses. If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you.

I also think you paint with too broad of a brush: there are teams who play with passion, creativity and movement -- the Suns and Golden State come to mind -- and to lump them in with most other NBA teams who run pick and roll 95% of their offensive possessions is just...
Again...even with the passion (which I totally question, btw), creativity, and movement, it's still boring basketball. It has no soul, per say. Baseball is my favorite sport and it's the same way nowadays. No soul. That sport needs a Nolan Ryan, and it needs a Roberto Alomar that everyone can hate with a fucking passion, and it needs a Greg Maddux who looks like a used car salesman striking MLBers out with 78 mph changeups. It needs soul. And so does basketball because it doesn't have any.

There's absolutely zero storyline unless you want to read twitter beefs and hear Lebron bitch about rest, or Harden's diva bullshit with the Rockets trade or his strip club drama.

It does suck, though. Not necessarily the skill because that's off the charts, but the product in general.

In the last golden age which was late 80s through the mid nineties it was a ridiculously exciting thing to watch. You had heroes and villains that you could root for and hate. It was a physical game that had larger than life personalities and it was definitely not a bunch of 133-119 three point contests. It was almost like pro basketball meets WWF with all of the huge personalities and story lines

There was a time when you had Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Shaq, Scottie Pippen, Bill Laimbeer, Isaiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Manute Bol, Spud Webb, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, John Stockton, and James Worthy all in the league and sometimes playing on the same night. It was fucking glorious and it was actually fun to watch. Today's NBA is made up of a bunch of whiny divas Like James and Westbrook more worried about how many rest days they get than mixing it up in the paint.

Again, it's not the skill level when people say the product is shit. I personally don't give a F if Steph Curry can make 47 threes in a row or James Harden can travel backwards 8 feet and hit his fadeaways. That's what the Harlem Globetrotters are for.

What I want to see is Bill Laimbeer and Larry Bird in a death match and Jordan kicking everyone's ass while he's almost dead from the flu, or Dennis Rodman getting booed by the visiting crowds when he blocks Isaiah Thomas with cheetah spotted hair and a nose ring. Today's game has no storylines other than diva shit between players on twitter, and there's zero physicality in the sense of what we used to have. Anyone who watched NBA Finals during that period and still thinks today's game is exciting is either dumb or lying.

So yeah, the NBA sucks shit to watch.
Superior analysis but I still don't understand the swear words. You don't need them to drive your narrative. I guess I'm just old-fashioned so I'll shut up about that going forward. As a child when my father heard me utter profanity, the discipline was swift and certain.

I was a big fan of the Celtics and Lakers when Bird and Magic were playing. And then it was impossible not to root for the Bulls with Jordan.

I think the big problem now for most Iowans with the NBA is.....who are we rooting for? What is the rooting interest? We don't have a team in the league (probably never will) so it's hard to get excited, at least for me, without a massive star like Jordan. If we had a team in the NBA located in Iowa, that would change everything.

College football and basketball are compelling because I'm a big Iowa fan, and thus you have the hated rivals: Clowns; Sand People; Pedo State; O$U; Badgers; Goophers; Mildcats; Crying Illini; etc. etc.

I hope that never changes in my lifetime (I'm guessing they'll find a way to mess it up).

I think the NBA finals were great this year! The NBA fans in Iowa should root for the Milwaukee Bucks. Milwaukee is only 4 hours from Iowa City. The Greek Freak is a great story!

Superior analysis but I still don't understand the swear words. You don't need them to drive your narrative. I guess I'm just old-fashioned so I'll shut up about that going forward. As a child when my father heard me utter profanity, the discipline was swift and certain.
When your father was a young man women and blacks weren't allowed to vote and being gay was a crime. Now, I'm not singling your pops out because I'm sure he was a good dude, but if you think I'm going to use his generation's customary practices as a moral lighthouse, you're wrong. No pixels on a screen or spoken soundwaves have ever hurt you and these won't either, maybe waste less energy being offended and spend more of it laughing.

I think the NBA finals were great this year! The NBA fans in Iowa should root for the Milwaukee Bucks. Milwaukee is only 4 hours from Iowa City. The Greek Freak is a great story!
Hell, I can be there in two and a half hours. But I'm a Bulls fan, which also isn't too far away. I was a Sixers fan in my (long ago) youth.

Might be at the United Center for basketball this winter, but not to watch the Bulls. Cuba City might be playing East Dubuque there this winter, pending everything being cleared by the athletic directors and school superintendents.