Garza rules

Jamaal Wilkes, Derek Harper, and Jalen Rose all had ugly releases. Lafester Rhodes looked like he was serving a volleyball. But it doesn't matter when they go in.

Val Barnes, by comparison, had as pretty a shot as you will see. But he was an overrated player who's fg and three point fg % were well south of forty.

Connor reminds me of Tommy Herr of the Cardinals in 1985. Jack Clark went down and Herzog hat to move Herr into the cleanup hole in September. He hit 8 or 10 home runs but every one of them was clutch. He also drove in over 100 runs, many of them on situational hitting like grounders and sacrifice flies.

Connor is a great situational player. His baskets, while not frequent enough for your taste, usually come at critical junctures. And league coaches are starting to take notice and sing his praises.

Spot on. Would be better off...

I think overall the officiating with Garza has been fine. He throws a lot of chicken wings as well and initiates a lot of contact.

In the Penn State game I thought he should have drawn a few shooting fouls for possible and ones but they weren’t calling those either way yesterday.

Respectfully, I absolutely disagree. The officiating when Garza has the ball is inexcusably bad. The only reason you have seen him retaliate of late is due to the treatment the officials have allowed. Any defense of the BT officials is wrong from the start. They have allowed a basketball game to occasionally break out during a mugging session.

Tillman is very strong and I think he deserves some credit for that. Against MSU I think Garza got tired from playing nearly the entire game. MSU knew he loved spinning to his left shoulder and they overplayed it, and Garza wasn’t able to effectively counter it.
He does however Tillman sat all but 4 mins of the first half after he got 2 fouls. So in the 2nd half he was fresh as could be compared to Garza who was dead dog tired the last 5 plus mins. Somehow Tillman took till pretty late to pickup his 3rd foul... Surpise surprise. Not taking anything away from Tillman he's tough and a good defender too. I just think you can't discount when one guy is significantly more fresh then the other late in the game it matters.

Latest posts