Gary Dolphin Poll

Do you like Gary Dolphin as a broadcastor?

• Yes

Votes: 90 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 33 22.1%

• Total voters
I grew up with Zabel and Ed and loved their broadcasts. Dolphin does a good job, but I would like more homerism out of him. BTW anyone know where you can listen to the insight bowl highlights

I listen to Eddie and Dolph during the game at Kinnick and it adds so much to the game. They are both very good at what they do. Dolph is as good a guy as he is a broadcaster and I'm thankful that the Hawks have both of them. I been fortunate to spend some time with both of them and they are great guys and great Hawks!

Last edited:
Agree with everyone on Dolphin not giving more frequent game details, score, time left, etc.

IMO and to me irretating, Dolphin sounds condensending doing the BB games. I can no longer listen to IA BB on the radio.

Bobby and Eddy definitely are the real knowledge and talent of the Hawk's radio broadcasts, Dolphin is more a side-bar. Without either one to carry Dolphin's water, Dolphin would have been gone long ago.

I hate to be like this, but I've reached a tipping point.

Guys Dolph is good at what he does. Turn on John Walters and listen to him butcher a game and you might think differently. We should be thankful for what Dolph brings to the table compared to Walters and others.

I hadn't really cared either way until the capital one bowl call. That was brilliant and honest. He is a Hawkeye homer, and I like that.

I like Dolph, but it does seem like he has slipped a little bit in the last year or so. Not sure really why, age? health? Podolak/Hansen often has to correct Dolph during a broadcast with inaccuracies of players actually in the game, TO issues, time left in the game, etc.

With that said, I still want Dolph doing play by play.

This thread gives evidence to reinforce a great lesson that you have to take the tone and content of message boards with a grain of salt. The people who have posted comments are mostly negative, while in the actual poll Dolph gets an overwhelming 62% positive rating to a mere 14% negative rating.

To me this shows, as I'm sure others have already realized, that it is the people with complaints, gripes and other dissatisfactions who are more likely to bother posting a comment than the people who are positive, happy and content.

I listen to Gary and Dolph during the game at Kinnick and it adds so much to the game. They are both very good at what they do. Dolph is as good a guy as he is a broadcaster and I'm thankful that the Hawks have both of them. I been fortunate to spend some time with both of them and they are great guys and great Hawks!

You listen to Gary and Dolph? Really? Both of them?

Has Gary Dolphin recently been diagnosed with Schizophrenia? And which one did you spend more time with. . .Gary or Dolphin?

Dolph and Eddie are better to listen to than any ESPN or BTN goon. I usually mute my TV and listen to the radio. It's a little annoying because the radio is usually ahead of the tv, but ESPN or BTN has too many clowns to desecrate a broadcast.

Dolph and Eddie are better to listen to than any ESPN or BTN goon. I usually mute my TV and listen to the radio. It's a little annoying because the radio is usually ahead of the tv, but ESPN or BTN has too many clowns to desecrate a broadcast.

I agree, for the most part. I do like Davie/Jones (Jones is awesome for PbP), Herby/Musberger (mostly cause of Herby), and Chris Martin is a good color guy for the BTN, I like his material. McDonough (sp?) isn't too bad for ESPN, but I'm not a fan of Millen. Any crew with Craig James is awful.

Latest posts