Game time vs Ohio State

CRlightweight

What is the latest time in the day the game vs ohio state can be scheduled at. I know i've heard in the past about November games in the Big 10 and certain rules, but i've heard different things. Anyone know for sure?

What is the latest time in the day the game vs ohio state can be scheduled at. I know i've heard in the past about November games in the Big 10 and certain rules, but i've heard different things. Anyone know for sure?

It isn't a rule, but something that the B10+1+1 tries to encourage for fan safety. It is possible that it could still be played at night, I think, but very unlikely. If either team loses a couple of games, it could be a noon game, but I would think a 3:30pm EST is most likely.

That game started at 3:30 PM Iowa time. It was ESPN's afternoon game.

Are you sure? You could be right, but I remember it getting dark very shortly after kickoff. I guess that was 6 years ago. One of the best atmosphere's ever at Kinnick. I remember the post-game. Gives me chills just thinking about it. 2004 might be my favorite Iowa football season of all-time, with 2002 and 2009 coming in a close 2nd/3rd.

that's kind of what i wondered. I've always heard the 'no night games' rule, but never knew if that was a rule, suggestion, or urban legend. Not that i that thought it'd be a night game, i guess i just wondered if they would ever do like a 4:00pm start or somethign like that.

Very likely to be a 2:30 start time on ABC......however if both teams are undefeated it could be moved to a 7pm kick time.

Here is the ESPN article from that game. Kick was at 4:30 PM eastern. That brings back so many memories, and I agree with HawkeyeState that 2004 was my most memorable season of Hawk football to date.

2002 and last year are right behind it but there was just something about that year. Plus it was my first year as an Iowa student so that adds to it.

Go Hawks!!!

Wisconsin Badgers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Recap - November 20, 2004 - ESPN

If you truly loved 2004, then you will LOVE this video. I cried when I first watched it back when Scothawk posted it after that season, and have since had it bookmarked on my computer to watch it every so often. Incredible work, Scothawk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mzwFVAl1mQ]YouTube - Winning It All[/ame]

Watching that again, my favorite moments were the KF hug on the sideline with his son after the 6-4 AT Penn State the week his father passed, and his interview with Holly Rowe after the Wisconsin game. She did a few of those emotional interviews with him back when this all got started. Love the genuine emotion. Love that man.

Also, was a big fan of the Drew Tate helicopter in the OSU game! Haha

Well i hope they start the game at the latest allowable time. I'd love to have the national spotlight late in the day that Saturday

Adam Rittenberg regarding the BT night game rule: "
The Big Ten has a contractual provision with its teams and its TV partners regarding night games played after Nov. 1. Unless both teams and the TV partner agree to play a night game and do it far enough in advance -- the prime-time football schedule is typically finalized in mid April -- the game won't kick off after 3:30 p.m. ET. Penn State and Ohio State talked about playing last year's game (on Nov. 7) at night, but an agreement wasn't finalized in time. Check out my piece on November night games from this spring for more information. Basically, night games after Nov. 1 are possible, but unlikely."

Yeah that clears things up. So even though a night game between tOSU and iowa could've happened, it won't. That sucks, but oh well. Could you imagine the scene in iowa city if both of those two teams met at night undefeated in late November? awesome....

Yeah both teams have to agree to it, I would think no way OSU does with having to play at UW in primetime just a few weeks earlier.....

Latest posts