Game thread? Texas Tech

CJ needs to be on the court more. Only 11 mins in 1st half, thought hee played pretty well. Unless I missed something.

And toughness

They are not used to being pushed around and out hustled
Iowa has been very active on both ends of the floor — I’m impressed with the defense effort. Joe T and Kentucky Fred have changed The perimeter defense.

And Texas Tech has moved the ball pretty well on the offensive end. Only a handful of possessions of standing around. Iowa has just been better defensively.

But we’ll see if they can play for 40 minutes. That’s been the weakness for several seasons. Usually due to Fran’s famous scoring droughts.

did any one listen the half game show? Just basically talking how great Texas is not a mention of Iowa!

This is still rather early

But I have been thinking that this team will surprise us, just like they did 3 years

Junk Yard Dog mentality, with experience

Might be a fun team to watch this season

Last edited:
Iowa has been very active on both ends of the floor — I’m impressed with the defense effort. Joe T and Kentucky Fred have changed The perimeter defense.

And Texas Tech has moved the ball pretty well on the offensive end. Only a handful of possessions of standing around. Iowa has just been better defensively.

But we’ll see if they can play for 40 minutes. That’s been the weakness for several seasons. Usually due to Fran’s famous scoring droughts.

Other than a total meltdown/shit-show, I wouldn't be "surprised" if TT came back. I'd be pissed, but the first half at least shows me we aren't cocooning after Nunge going down. Pemsl and Kriener are both capable and know their roles. JBo's health will be the wild card. If he can stay healthy, we can survive without Nunge, and even Patrick Mac can take the redshirt and focus on his health versus feeling he "needs" to play.

Texas Tech sort of misses Jarrett Culver.

That said, take nothing away from Iowa's first half. They're shooting well because their spacing well, and sharing well. Hands are active, Tech has had to work in their half court offense. Solid half.

Latest posts