Game thoughts, unprovoked input...

IowaHOCKS23

1). Someone else pointed this out, but it's worth noting again... King better deflate that head of his and get his *** in gear because he's went from a celebrated, feared corner to almost a diva. You haven't made a penny yet son, you'd better realize that.

2). I understand he had a pick, but today my mom coulda... But how is it Mabin is our best bet at DB? I mean seriously, minus the lame duck throw he picked and one really good open field tackle that would have gone for HUGE yards, he played, as typical, atrociously.

3). KF showing some fire. I think it coulda been timed better (or not come at such a bad time), but in general, I look at this is a much welcomed KF.

4). The officials were horrendous for both teams and really slowed the game down. They should all lose their jobs.

5). Ok Iowa city, don't take this wrong but you need to take some notes from the Nebraska game day experience and take a lot of them. That was an INTENDE place and I LOVED IT!

6) if any of you saw #73 walking around in shorts, that was me. No, I'm NOT crazy.. I was in the skyboxes, nice and warm. Parked 30 feet from the stadium.

7) Runza.

8) canzeri/Armstrong for co-mvps for Iowa tonight. He had a lot of room to run a few times and couldn't pull the trigger.

1). Someone else pointed this out, but it's worth noting again... King better deflate that head of his and get his *** in gear because he's went from a celebrated, feared corner to almost a diva. You haven't made a penny yet son, you'd better realize that.

2). I understand he had a pick, but today my mom coulda... But how is it Mabin is our best bet at DB? I mean seriously, minus the lame duck throw he picked and one really good open field tackle that would have gone for HUGE yards, he played, as typical, atrociously.

3). KF showing some fire. I think it coulda been timed better (or not come at such a bad time), but in general, I look at this is a much welcomed KF.

4). The officials were horrendous for both teams and really slowed the game down. They should all lose their jobs.

5). Ok Iowa city, don't take this wrong but you need to take some notes from the Nebraska game day experience and take a lot of them. That was an INTENDE place and I LOVED IT!

6) if any of you saw #73 walking around in shorts, that was me. No, I'm NOT crazy.. I was in the skyboxes, nice and warm. Parked 30 feet from the stadium.

7) Runza.

8) canzeri/Armstrong for co-mvps for Iowa tonight. He had a lot of room to run a few times and couldn't pull the trigger.

I thought that was you.....

CLvPdhAUMAAlcNS.jpg

Last edited:
What is the nebraska GameDay experience? Reminiscing the 90s when they were relevant and then playing mediocre football?

Count me out

If Iowa were playing a top 5 team at Kinnick with the chance for a big upset you can bet your *** the environment would be just as intense.

I, for one, would rather burn Iowa City to the ground, then salt the earth, then drop nukes on the entire state and populous than turn into anything like Lincoln, Nebraska.

Listen, as a Hawkeye fan living in huskerland for the last 20 years I'm all for bashing just about anything Huskers, but could we please leave the Runza bashing out of this? If you feel the need to bash some Nebraska specific food served at memorial stadium, might I consider Valentinos Pizza.

Runza is ****in terrible. Lived in Omaha for 2 years and never understood what the big deal was. I ate it once and it instantly gave me the *****. I can deal with the ***** if the food is worth it going in, but Runza is awful. Never again.

Listen, as a Hawkeye fan living in huskerland for the last 20 years I'm all for bashing just about anything Huskers, but could we please leave the Runza bashing out of this? If you feel the need to bash some Nebraska specific food served at memorial stadium, might I consider Valentinos Pizza.

Honestly...not that Kinnick is perfect, but here is my opinion of today's game experience.

* sound is okay, not penn state or Ohio state but adequate. I think ours sounds better now at kinnick.
* stadium really is not great. Hard to get in end zone section 39-40. Did not think it was much louder than kinnick.
* didn't try food toes too cold.
* replayed the same highlights over and over. Everything about nebraska that is important happened 15-20 years ago
* fans were not bad and they were knowledgeable....
* I would like to play this game earlier in year
* got whiny as the game went on.....very interesting

our tailgating is much better!

Go Hawks!

Well its good to know you are writing this while sitting on the john. Literally the worst food I have ever had. Husker fans swear by it because they get to eat it wasted at the game.
Agreed. Very lackluster overall, though they do make some pretty decent chili.

Nebraska outplayed us in almost every statistic that counts. Yards. 1st downs. Time of possession. Everything but TOs and the score!:D

Nebraska has tremendous fans. No one can debate that. But so do we. It's a rivalry now, folks. We've beaten them 2 of the last 3.....

Latest posts