Game televised by ESPN. Mark Jones and Bob Davie annoucers

okobojihawk

I know there is some "bad blood" with some old Hawk fans but
sorry I like Bob Davie!

Last edited:
I know there is some "bad blood" with some old Hawk fans but
sorry I like Bob Davie!

Does anyone know has Bob Davie been connected with any coaching jobs in the past few years or did he just give it all up for the booth? I see he hasn't gotten promoted from the 11am ESPN good team vs. team no one cares about in-conference matchup of the week telecast...

Last edited:
Davie and Mark Jones did in fact do most of the 2002 games and they were a great team. I think both are pretty pro-Hawkeyes which doesn't hurt either.

Bob Davie....... Never heard of him.

Bob Davie, in a nutshell:

1) Been pretty good towards the Hawkeyes over the years
2) Will inevitably bring up Mark Jones' bball ability at some point in the telecast
3) Makes a point by s-l-o-w-i-n-g down the sentence in which his point is being made
4) Frequently pronounces the team name as the "Ah-Wuh" Hawkeyes
5) May or may not use the word "Great" 329 times during the telecast this weekend

I listen to the games on the radio 1040, watch on TV and follow online chat all at the same time. Technology is awesome!

Are they bringing Holly Rowe with them? It has to be good luck to have the whole 2002 crew doing the game.

My question exactly! I liked that crew. Maybe it was because of the team and all the good vibes, but I have good memories of that year!

Latest posts