Game Story: Garza, Wieskamp Lead Way in Madison

You gotta figure CJ has got some rust to shake off, but how nice is it to have him back? Solid on D (sorely needed) and exceptionally smart and efficient on the offensive end.

Only 5 points, but he let the game come to him - never forced. Hit his only 3PA, 4 assists against no turnovers (still yet to commit one in Big Ten play). A bit of an anomaly because his touches were limited, but according to the metrics he was actually our top rated player tonight.

I think he went a long way towards canceling out an uncharacteristically shaky performance from Conner and helped set the stage for Garza and Wieskamp to do what they do best.

You gotta figure CJ has got some rust to shake off, but how nice is it to have him back? Solid on D (sorely needed) and exceptionally smart and efficient on the offensive end.

Only 5 points, but he let the game come to him - never forced. Hit his only 3PA, 4 assists against no turnovers (still yet to commit one in Big Ten play). A bit of an anomaly because his touches were limited, but according to the metrics he was actually our top rated player tonight.

I think he went a long way towards canceling out an uncharacteristically shaky performance from Conner and helped set the stage for Garza and Wieskamp to do what they do best.
I thought he was moving much better than his previous cameo.

LG has been huge in big games

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-055246_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-055246_Twitter.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 6
Weiskamp has been unbelievable during this stretch. Teams are trying to get in his grill and be physical with him. It's no longer bothering him like previous years...huge difference in my opinion. He's physically matured and he's locked in mentally. Dude can really shoot the rock. His threes are pure...no hesitation...just launch and listen to the nylon music.

Also...I watched Marc Gasol play for the Lakers last night. Luka can play in the league if that dude can. You needed a hourglass to time him down the floor...there were times when the Lakers got out on the break and he just stood at the other end...kind of why bother...Garza would be a huge step up to that.

Latest posts