Game Report: Resilient Iowa Comes Back Against Badgers

Things are so variable when it comes to flagrant 1 calls. It used to be if you made any kind of contact with an opponent above the shoulders, it got called. Now they seem to look for some type of bad intent from the perpetrator.

He got hit in the head 4 or 5 times last night.
The last one Reuvers laid him out with two secs left. Luka had had enough and why he got the T.

Oh, and it wasn’t reviewed either.

B1G needs to get its shit together quick or things might get ugly...

It wasn't the Reuvers hit that got Luka riled up. It was that punk Pritzl who ran his mouth when Luka was down that got him going. That's why he jumped up and was going after Pritzl.

Hope that last night was more of a Wisconsin thing more so then the culmitive of the season wearing on Luka. I love his personality and fire. But I hope he can keep that reigned in. Teams are goin to keep pounding the crap out of him. That's just his style. He's going to get a lot of calls but they aren't going to call them all. I'm sure he's getting tired of it but other then getting some more calls the pounding and rough play isn't changing.

Not sure which Wisc asst had to be restrained in the huddle by coaches and players during the fracas.

Douchebags

If I was Luka's dad, I'd start collecting video evidence of Luka getting hit in the head without foul calls, so Luka can sue the shit out of the conference if he gets a concussion. Iowa/Garza also needs to file a complaint with the conference so he can show that he performed due diligence.

It wasn't the Reuvers hit that got Luka riled up. It was that punk Pritzl who ran his mouth when Luka was down that got him going. That's why he jumped up and was going after Pritzl.

Correct. Read an article, Cannot recall where, but Luka did respond to Pritzl for mocking him. Luka said he lost his cool and later apologized to his teammates and to The Wisconsin’s team.

Correct. Read an article, Cannot recall where, but Luka did respond to Pritzl for mocking him. Luka said he lost his cool and later apologized to his teammates and to The Wisconsin’s team.
In Pritzl's defense, his Tourette's probably took over.

Things are so variable when it comes to flagrant 1 calls. It used to be if you made any kind of contact with an opponent above the shoulders, it got called. Now they seem to look for some type of bad intent from the perpetrator.
Even a person with terrible acting skills could could make a blow to somebody's face look accidental, this needs to be looked at IMO, especially for how big of a magnet Luka's face appears to be

Yep. Pritzl called him a f((*$@g pussy. And Luka told him to go have carnal knowledge with himself.

Pritzl "apologized" in the line after the game.

Hope that last night was more of a Wisconsin thing more so then the culmitive of the season wearing on Luka. I love his personality and fire. But I hope he can keep that reigned in. Teams are goin to keep pounding the crap out of him. That's just his style. He's going to get a lot of calls but they aren't going to call them all. I'm sure he's getting tired of it but other then getting some more calls the pounding and rough play isn't changing.
he got slammed on the face and his masculinity got called.
when Luka jumped to his feet and said something back to Pritzl, then he went all pussified.

Yep. Pritzl called him a f((*$@g pussy. And Luka told him to go have carnal knowledge with himself.

Pritzl "apologized" in the line after the game.
I hadn't heard that... Yeah that'd set off about anyone and Pritzl is lucky the refs didn't hear it.

I hadn't heard that... Yeah that'd set off about anyone and Pritzl is lucky the refs didn't hear it.
Well ... I’m ad-libbing what was said but Pritzl said something, Luka jumped up and said something to him and after a T Pritzl thought it was on him cuz he did the shoulder shrug palms up ‘what did I do’?

I’m a guy. You’re a guy. We can guess what was said that pissed Luka off after taking a shot to the face

Well ... I’m ad-libbing what was said but Pritzl said something, Luka jumped up and said something to him and after a T Pritzl thought it was on him cuz he did the shoulder shrug palms up ‘what did I do’?

I’m a guy. You’re a guy. We can guess what was said that pissed Luka off after taking a shot to the face
For sure. Regardless of the specifics he wasn't telling him he liked his haircut. Garza has been beaten up on all year long and hadn't had a reaction anything close to that as of yet. So the dude for sure said something beyond the pale..

Garza has been beaten up on all year long and hadn't had a reaction anything close to that as of yet. So the dude for sure said something beyond the pale..
exactly. Garza isn’t a drama queen.

Latest posts