Game Report: Hawkeyes Pick Up Rare Big Ten Road Win at Northwestern

Crazy to think about but with a healthy Jbo and a healthy CJF would we be a legitimate B1G title contender? I think we’d be sitting at 5-1 with a real chance to get to 8-1.

If you recall our road loss at Michigan CJF was banged up to the point he couldn’t move laterally very well at all, I’m still counting that as a loss, but it was fairly close throughout.
And how might a healthy Nunge be affecting things too? I think we'd rather have him in there then Pemsl.

How many schools were down 3 starters from the beginning of the year? If you count losing Moss who'd be starting over CJ and then when CJ was out we were down 3. Granted the 2 left over may be the best tandem of players in the BIG going in Garza and JW. But it's still a heck of a job by Fran to have them where they are.

And how might a healthy Nunge be affecting things too? I think we'd rather have him in there then Pemsl.

How many schools were down 3 starters from the beginning of the year? If you count losing Moss who'd be starting over CJ and then when CJ was out we were down 3. Granted the 2 left over may be the best tandem of players in the BIG going in Garza and JW. But it's still a heck of a job by Fran to have them where they are.

I'm not so sure about this. Maybe starting but playing more minutes or closing the the game. CJ is more consistent now than Moss ever was. Moss could certainly go off for 20+ in a game but then disappeared for the next 3-4. I think he saw the writing on the wall and that's why he left.

The thing for me with Nunge was he was starting at the 4 and I really don’t think Fran would have ever fully benched Pemsl. He can be loyal to players to a fault in my opinion.

I think Connor McCaffery at the 4 has been one of the biggest revelations of this season. Playing the small style gives us a little more quickness, more ball handling, and four guys who can feed Garza in the post. Connor as a player himself is so much better in that role off the ball with his particular skillset.

Again that’s just my opinion.

CJ’s presence is a huge difference
His Defense is good.
His shooting was missed when out.
Tough player.
Heady player.

I like him a lot

The thing for me with Nunge was he was starting at the 4 and I really don’t think Fran would have ever fully benched Pemsl. He can be loyal to players to a fault in my opinion.

I think Connor McCaffery at the 4 has been one of the biggest revelations of this season. Playing the small style gives us a little more quickness, more ball handling, and four guys who can feed Garza in the post. Connor as a player himself is so much better in that role off the ball with his particular skillset.

Connor is an asset to play at 4 spots. He has done well this season.

Nunge would have made a substantial difference this year. His loss is a shame.

Connor is an asset to play at 4 spots. He has done well this season.

Nunge would have made a substantial difference this year. His loss is a shame.
I’ve been one of the biggest Nunge supporters on this board. With Jbo out and CJF missing some time recently having Nunge would have been huge for certain, if at the very least for more depth.

I don't disagree either. I think Pemsl wouldn't be playing nearly as much and more sporadically. But less then he is anyway... Which I'd be happy with.

I'm not so sure about this. Maybe starting but playing more minutes or closing the the game. CJ is more consistent now than Moss ever was. Moss could certainly go off for 20+ in a game but then disappeared for the next 3-4. I think he saw the writing on the wall and that's why he left.
That could be true too it's hard to tell. I mean there's the possibility of him improving his game (kinda like Garza nobody was saying he'd be a 20/10 guy this yr) some too. I was just betting on the positive instead of the negative I guess.

Latest posts