Game Report: Hawkeyes Pick Up Rare Big Ten Road Win at Northwestern

This team have been road warriors back to Thanksgiving.

If they can protect Carver, and stay healthy - things could get very interesting for the Hawkeyes.

It would be a real accomplishment to get 2 out of these next 3. Those are legit games. All are winnable and loseable. We seem to shoot better at Carver and Frederick's return gives us another scoring threat.

Rare road win is right, we might not get another the rest of conference play. If we do it will be a real treasure.

Holding home court is now key, these next 3 will be a real test.

It would be a real accomplishment to get 2 out of these next 3. Those are legit games. All are winnable and loseable. We seem to shoot better at Carver and Frederick's return gives us another scoring threat.
Have to take one game at a time but as a fan I’m dreaming of 3-0.

2-1 would be solid but Michigan will likely be without Isaiah Livers and Rutgers will likely be without Geo Baker.

Wisconsin has been the best road team in the B1G thus far with their strong defense and ability to limit possessions in a game. They beat us at Carver last year.

0-3 and we're reassessing things again. 1-2 they will need a miracle finish but not completely dead. 2-1 pretty good, likely firmly in the top 25 or floating around it. 3-0 and Iowa is likely ranked close to the top 15 and we're all talking about how high of a seed they can get. The schedule gets much tougher down the stretch, so I am gonna try and keep my target the same. Just get in the damn dance. It wasn't expected with this bunch before the season started, but hey, expectations change.

Fingers crossed hoping that CJF's foot responds well to playing 31 minutes last night. He makes such a big difference.

Couldn’t agree more. He’s huge for Garza’s success down low. Like Jordan, CJ has to be accounted for at all times.

If it wasn't for our crappy rebounding in the first half and Garzas foul trouble we woulda destroyed them and had most of the 2nd half be garbage time.
What Garza is doing is so impressive. Let's not take it for granted. Name me anyone else in college ball that's tougher to guard one on one right now then him. If he's hitting his jumpers he's just ridiculous.

I saw some of Collins post game comments and he pretty much nailed it when talking about playing against us. It's a pick your poison thing. He tipped his cap to CM CJ Evenlyn and of course Garza for hitting 3s. You kinda gotta hope we are cold from outside and limit Garzas paint touches as best you can. Easier said then done...

Crazy to think about but with a healthy Jbo and a healthy CJF would we be a legitimate B1G title contender? I think we’d be sitting at 5-1 with a real chance to get to 8-1.

If you recall our road loss at Michigan CJF was banged up to the point he couldn’t move laterally very well at all, I’m still counting that as a loss, but it was fairly close throughout.

Crazy to think about but with a healthy Jbo and a healthy CJF would we be a legitimate B1G title contender? I think we’d be sitting at 5-1 with a real chance to get to 8-1.

If you recall our road loss at Michigan CJF was banged up to the point he couldn’t move laterally very well at all, I’m still counting that as a loss, but it was fairly close throughout.

Who knows what Nunge would’ve brought or how he would’ve developed throughout the year

Fingers crossed hoping that CJF's foot responds well to playing 31 minutes last night. He makes such a big difference.

just his presence on the perimeter and his outside threat seems to open so much, but he also just has so much skill. I love that little step back he does to create space. He makes this a much different team.

Latest posts