Game Preview: Michigan St. Provides Big Opportunity for Hawkeyes

First-place Spartans come to Carver-Hawkeye Arena riding 20-game regular-season conference winning streak:

LINK

The Spartans are the very definition of a FinalFour team. They completely dissected the Terps Monday, granted that the game was played at Lansing but a very impressive win nonetheless.....

They will be a tough out for certain, but I have a feeling that we will be ready to play this game. It would be no disgrace to lose a close, down to the wire competitive game. Michigan State just might be able to go undefeated in the BigTen up to the BTT. I believe Indiana was the last team to do so under Bobby Knight twice in 1974/75 and the next year when they went undefeated the entire season beating Michigan with Ricky Green for the National Championship.....

Of course, The Hawkeyes under Ralph Miller went undefeated 1969/70 when they averaged over 100 PPG in the BigTen, losing to Jacksonville with the Artis Gilmore by one point 104-103 in the regional finals.....

Thursday Night's game is the most important Hawkeye basketball game in years.....

Let's put a W in the column.....

:cool:

There's still no Vegas line on this game. I thought maybe it was because of Langford's status being up in the air. But according to Vegas he's out.

is it me, or does the university seem to be putting extra emphasis on this game through social media? I mean, I love it, I think they definitely should and I love they are embracing it. But the university seems to be putting on the media blitz to fill up Carver on Thursday

is it me, or does the university seem to be putting extra emphasis on this game through social media? I mean, I love it, I think they definitely should and I love they are embracing it. But the university seems to be putting on the media blitz to fill up Carver on Thursday

With 2,000 general public tickets remaining for a game against the first-place in the league, it probably feels like it has to push.

With 2,000 general public tickets remaining for a game against the first-place in the league, it probably feels like it has to push.

100%.... which begs the question, WTF? We've talked a ton about how winning cures a lot and seemingly, that's not the case with Iowa basketball anymore. I honestly think it's Carver, it's location, the STAIRS, the seating, the amenities, the food and the stuffiness. I know it's not as easy as just building a new barn, but I wish Iowa would look at what Nebraska did with Pinnacle Bank Arena. Literally feet away from restaurants and bars and night life. It's become a thing to do on any night. Same with Creighton....right outside of bars and restaurants. Going to the game is important Nebraska and CU fans, but getting diner and drinks before and after the game figure into the nights plans.

I am not bitching (too hard) cause I only make it to about 3 or 4 games a year being from this side of the state, but it kills me to know that the attendance (IMO) is self inflicted and not fair to our players or coaches.

Last time, I was at the Carver watching Hawkeyes beat the MSU,and it was a game where Doug Thomas did a coast to coast and slammed it home. That was fun! I'm at home nursing my leg injury. It'll be fun to watch them Hawks run them outta of town with the glory of victory.
th

I've made the one block walk from Nitty Gritty's in Madison to the Kohl Center more than once.

That said, I never had any issue walking from Currier Hall to Carver Hawkeye, or from my apartment three blocks further than that. It's quicker than you think if you know the shortcuts. I never had any issue with the food (which I diidn't eat) the aisles, the stairs, or the atmosphere. You put a good product on the floor and that place will rock.

My latest recent visit was no different. I parked in the finkbine commuter lot, dealt with the single digit cold, and had a good seat. But this is all just me and I know others are different. I also know Carver will never be Hilton Colesium. Only the old Field House will ever rival Hilton.

I've made the one block walk from Nitty Gritty's in Madison to the Kohl Center more than once.

That said, I never had any issue walking from Currier Hall to Carver Hawkeye, or from my apartment three blocks further than that. It's quicker than you think if you know the shortcuts. I never had any issue with the food (which I diidn't eat) the aisles, the stairs, or the atmosphere. You put a good product on the floor and that place will rock.

My latest recent visit was no different. I parked in the finkbine commuter lot, dealt with the single digit cold, and had a good seat. But this is all just me and I know others are different. I also know Carver will never be Hilton Colesium. Only the old Field House will ever rival Hilton.
How do you explain the game Thursday then?

How do you explain the game Thursday then?
I said in my post everyone is different. The campus is different, geographically, from the one I attended. That's my best explanation.

Rob said in his post that we are 2,000 general admission tickets short of a sellout. That's really hard to understand. And to explain.

It's going to be insanely cold around tipoff time so walking would hopefully be out of the question