Game Film of Cody w/times

HawkeyeBBall

Talked about this on a previous thread, thought that I would start a new one for others to find if they want to watch. I did most of the work to get the highlights/clips.

2009 Reebok All-American Camp

Just a couple of times in the game to check out...

D-One vs. Dakota Schoolers

3:30, 4:05, 13:10, 15:30, 29:40, 31:05, 38:20, 38:55, 39:25, 43:05, 49:40, 50:05, 65:25, 71:15

Let me know what you think. I think you'll agree with me that he is more than able to contribute right away.

Glad you did this I had seen the first 5-10 minutes previously and came away impressed but it's nice to see the other highlights quickly. He can dribble/penetrate very well (also noticed his does this a lot in his HS games) and has a nice shot from the outside. Do those traits make you think he will primarily be a 4 in Lick's system?

Just got to thinking if we had a lineup that was:
Payne 6
May 6'5/Brust 6'2
Gatens 6'5
Fuller 6'6
Larson 6'9
Any guy can shoot the three and every guy should be able to drive. That would really open up the offense and we would have pretty good size too.

This is the first time I can see what Lick's class will bring. McCabe 6'6/6'7 fits the same idea a "point forward" with what I've heard a nice outside shot and Marble 6'6 a solid wing player who is a PG in high school. Even Cougill, can't drive, but he still is an outside threat opening up the offense.

Last edited:
Hard to tell exactly what you get as these things resemble NBA all-star games in terms of how much defense is played but thanks for posting. He certainly looks to have some size and talent. It's rare to see a kid that size be able to dribble drive and finish so well even against HS competition.

Cody would be an excellent 5 in this system. With as many high screens as our bigs set, to have the ability to put the ball on the floor AND shoot the three will force the other team's big man to give Cody enough space to do one or the other.

Bump. If you haven't watched this, I did all the work for you, let it load up and click on the time bar. This is some reason for excitement to come back to the program.

I had seen some clips here and there of him, but he looked very solid in this game. You can't tell as much in those 1 on 1 type of games but he looks like he can step right in and be our best big man next year.

Latest posts