Game Day Rituals During A Bye...

Do you engage in your regular game day ritual(s) during a bye week?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Have a seperate bye week ritual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why bother?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bitmap

So I find myself engaging in my regular weekly game day ritual during bye weeks. It obviously didn't carry over after the last bye and my wife thinks it just displays poor hygiene on my part.

Therefore I want to know if others do or don't so I am posting a poll to get an idea if this is a widespread practice.

Also, feel free if you have any advice or comments on the subject. I'll check in before 11 am in case someone has a persuasive argument against taking it through completion (with the Badgers on deck next week).

stress free weekend. So weird, Iowa & ISU are both off and UNI is on the road. It's like the state of Iowa will be empty of college football

I've gotten amped up for two games this season so far, and the Hawks took a fart. Throwing the rituals out the window.

My only ritual is watching games, so it depends on who’s playing. I really, reeaally want to see Nebraska get beat by Purdue. There are no other interesting big ten games, so Georgia/Florida will probably be the only other one I watch. Still have leaves to clean up

Now that our five inch halloween snow is mostly gone i can get some stuff finished up outside as well.

Does anyone remember Halloween in 1991? Minneapolis got close to two feet and they were playing the world series up there. If there was one, and only one reason for that Metrodome to exist, that was it. Oh, and Iowa's fans tearing down their goalposts in '02 and beating them 55-0 in 2008.

I remember that Halloween storm being followed by single digit early season cold and playing havoc with postseason high school football. They were using the UNI Dome, the Dakota Dome in Vermillion, and the Metrodome for double and even tripleheaders.

Dubuque got little snow from that storm but plenty of cold for about a week. Does anyone who lived near the Minnesota border or anyone who played high school football at the time have any stories from that blizzard to share?

I usually have a neighborhood house party/tailgate where all the parents bring their kids, they hang out inside and the parents hang out in the garage/driveway playing games and a big TV in the garage to watch. Usually have the smoker going and fire up the Blackstone. Not doing that today. Next week will be a different story!

No big plans other than remove a utility sink then cap off the water and waste lines. That should kill about 30-40 minutes then enjoy the rest of the day.

I still watch games, but if something interesting comes up, I'll do that. On Iowa gamedays there is the game and no interruptions.

These days are very good for fall chores, leaves (rake and vac), mulching leaves with mower, mowing if need be, draining garden hoses and storing, whatever needs to be done.

When I get hot and sweaty even when it is cold I go in for a break and watch some games. Definitely want purdue to win but not looking good right now. Iowa and that goofy call let them back into the game against us but they seem to have folded somewhat.

stress free weekend. So weird, Iowa & ISU are both off and UNI is on the road. It's like the state of Iowa will be empty of college football

Its the same way for many regions across the nation today, particularly the midwest/B1G/Big 12 region. A lot of programs on a bye.

Watch last one minute of Husker loss, Haul manure, LED lights in shop, benefit auction tonight, capped off by Vegas Golden Knights game, late.

in about 45 minutes.........

Latest posts