Game ball goes to? Josh Ogelsby says Dolph &

Yeah, 10' shot vs 16' shot is a HUGE difference. No matter what you want to call it a 10' shot and in is a very high % shot. 10'-15' shots are ok shots, still decent % shot. 15'-19' shots are the ones I just hate. Closer to 15' can be ok....but taking 17'-19' jumpers there is just no reason unless the shot clock is about expired.

Ogelsby shot was about a 12' WIDE OPEN jumper. I'd want to see Ogs shoot that 100% of the time, as it is both a pretty high% shot, and he was wide open.

Whatever. If he has a senior year resurgence like Gatens did, we're dancing.

What does everyone here consider to be mid-range?

10 foot to 16 foot?

I would say like 7' to around 16' or so. Anything less than about 7' and you're probably not shooting a jumper but a floater or runner instead, so really any jumper until somewhere around 16' or 17'.

In the end, when this team has the shots falling, we are very difficult to beat. When they're not, we pretty much suck.

In the end, when this team has the shots falling, we are very difficult to beat. When they're not, we pretty much suck.

It's sad that it took Fran hearing the North Florida coach tell us to make shots to realize that was our problem. He should have been telling the guys to make their shots all season and we probably wouldn't have four losses.

Did anybody see JO hit that jumper that was neither long-range nor short-range, but rather somewhere in the middle of the potential ranges?

Did anybody else think that was important to the outcome of the game?

He did that when we were in a "dry spell". He stepped up as you want your senior leadership to do and hit a bucket that we needed and kind of kicked us out of the "dry spell". Not bad for a kid that some on HN think wouldn't start for Simpson.

I guess this pretty much says it all. When shots fall our inside game looks so good. If Im JO I say what the heck Im going to shoot it This is my last go around

He did that when we were in a "dry spell". He stepped up as you want your senior leadership to do and hit a bucket that we needed and kind of kicked us out of the "dry spell". Not bad for a kid that some on HN think wouldn't start for Simpson.

I wonder what our longest scoring drought was. It couldn't have been very long.

I wonder what our longest scoring drought was. It couldn't have been very long.

According to the play-by-play list on Yahoo sports, in the second half our drought on FG was 6:33. It ended with JO's shot in the lane at 3:03; curiously the last shot made before that was JO's 3-pointer at 9:36. We did have free throws in that stretch by Uthoff and Olesani, but we missed a lot of shots.

According to the play-by-play list on Yahoo sports, in the second half our drought on FG was 6:33. It ended with JO's shot in the lane at 3:03; curiously the last shot made before that was JO's 3-pointer at 9:36. We did have free throws in that stretch by Uthoff and Olesani, but we missed a lot of shots.

Not horrible for playing a top 20 team on the road.

Don't forget that Oglesby was 3-4 the previous game. That's 2 good games in a row.

Two nice games, with some Senior leadership by Josh.
Good stuff.
Two home games, this week, where the entire team needs to
BRING IT and follow Josh's lead.

Hopefully, Pete Jok is rounding into shape for the
Big Ten stretch run, as well.

He could really be a difference maker, if he work hard and gets focused.

Maybe JO needs to take a couple of mid range jumpers to build confidence before putting up three's.

BINGO x10. I tired ages ago of hearing this, "I'm (He's) a shooter - I (he) just need(s) to keep shooting." Maybe, but that doesn't mean you just keep jacking up any old shot. Some of the best shooters in the history of the game had a rule - once they missed two in a row (or at the absolute most three), now they would work into the offense - looking for an assist, driving to get to the free throw line, that sort of thing. Nothing like a few free throws, a couple of rebounds and put-backs and then a mid-range jumper to get that three-ball to start falling again.

...Peter Jok could really be a difference maker, if he works hard and gets focused.
You hit on the key words - COULD BE. But while he started each half, and got the team off to a good start, he was on the bench down the stretch. That is telling, as it is the players on the floor at the end of a tight game, not the beginning, who are your key "go-to" players. And while I can only guess why (free throw percentage? not sure), when you see him always on the floor in those situations, he will then be that difference-maker.

You hit on the key words - COULD BE. But while he started each half, and got the team off to a good start, he was on the bench down the stretch. That is telling, as it is the players on the floor at the end of a tight game, not the beginning, who are your key "go-to" players. And while I can only guess why (free throw percentage? not sure), when you see him always on the floor in those situations, he will then be that difference-maker.

I think Jok has made every single free throw he shot this year.

I'll admit when Josh took the ball and dribbled to the lane in that critical situation, I had a feeling of dread, but he pulled up at the free throw line and buried an in control, perfect form jump shot like he's been doing it all his life in that pressure moment. Huge play period.

Gesell and Sapp tend to get all amped up in those situations and can't, with the pressure of the situation, calmly stroke the ball.

Hopefully, we now have two or three guys that can come through in those situations. Uthoff, Ogs, and White. It would be great to see Jok add his name here.

Marble is one of my all time favorite hawks. But in his entire career, he only hit a handful of huge shots late in the game that changed an L into a W. Uthoff hit 2 the other night. I really hope he will be the difference in winning the close games this year.