Gabe's getting ripped

"Re: Gabe's getting ripped" I expected or was hoping this article was about how he has been seriously lifting weights and had put on twenty pounds of muscle. We need a bruiser underneath the basket. Maybe Woody hit the weights and put on some muscle. The article hardly mentioned that he was working out.

"Re: Gabe's getting ripped" I expected or was hoping this article was about how he has been seriously lifting weights and had put on twenty pounds of muscle. We need a bruiser underneath the basket. Maybe Woody hit the weights and put on some muscle. The article hardly mentioned that he was working out.

Perhaps it was just the angle the photo was taken or the fact Gabe was lyfting when the shutter snapped, it does look like he has put on some muscle and tone in his arms and upper body. Guess we won't know, though, until he takes the floor June 19.

2196.jpg

On vacation and now at Ohare waiting to take off but for some reason when I was in rural Iowa the photo was not coming through of him lifting weights. I was going mainly by the article. Sorry, My bad. I hope he is a freaking monster under the boards this upcoming season. We need a monster.

It could happen. NBA teams have been willing to bet on upside with athletic bigs.
Yeah, I agree. Some NBA team will draft him (I believe pretty high) because of his big man upside.

And to comment on the lost redshirt year for Gabe at Iowa: Iowa had to play Gabe right away because there was such a lack of talent at the 5 for Iowa. And it seems Iowa's 5 gives the best chance for defense with, at least, shot blocking.

Last edited:
I was worried that he lost his scholarship. Didn't want to see "Gabe's getting ripped", followd by a pic of Gabe taking a huge bong hit. That would not have been good for our depth at the 5. It would have cleared up some of the rotation at the 4 though. Bloody Wankers.

He's not an NBA player. Sorry guys. Doesn't mean he's not good, but he's not even a starter for a mid-level Big Ten team. How many part-time seniors get drafted?

He's not an NBA player. Sorry guys. Doesn't mean he's not good, but he's not even a starter for a mid-level Big Ten team. How many part-time seniors get drafted?

Are you freaking kidding? All NBA teams are looking for ripped big men. Skills can be taught. Gabe will get a shot. Count on it.

Are you freaking kidding? All NBA teams are looking for ripped big men. Skills can be taught. Gabe will get a shot. Count on it.
NBA teams aren't looking for ripped big men. They're looking for athletic wings and shooters. Gabe hasn't exactly lit up the Big Ten, and the guy he splits tie with isn't a world beater either. I not saying he can't blow up and become a legit Big Ten big man, but I am not ready to project him as a NBA contributor based off of one picture of him flexing his forearms.

Again, can you name a single four year, part-time player who was drafted in the NBA? I can't.

I was worried that he lost his scholarship. Didn't want to see "Gabe's getting ripped", followd by a pic of Gabe taking a huge bong hit. That would not have been good for our depth at the 5. It would have cleared up some of the rotation at the 4 though. Bloody Wankers.

Dear Lord, could that be what the article refers to....

:cool:

On vacation and now at Ohare waiting to take off but for some reason when I was in rural Iowa the photo was not coming through of him lifting weights. I was going mainly by the article. Sorry, My bad. I hope he is a freaking monster under the boards this upcoming season. We need a monster.

We certainly do, BigD, we need to regain some toughness under the boards defensively and offensively. This season depends on it.....

:rolleyes:

I've often wondered what value the PTL had for established players. Good for players trying to get noticed or the newbies....just not sold on the value to the previous year's starters. Just Sayn....

Defense? No
Coached up? No
Running plays you'll run in the regular season? No
A marker of how you'll look vs B1G talent for example? No
An environment where one's entire game could be improved? No

Chance of being hurt? Yes

Good for conditioning? Maybe

We certainly do, BigD, we need to regain some toughness under the boards defensively and offensively. This season depends on it.....

I find it hard to believe that Woodbury, White, and Uthoff won't be great rebounders if they put the effort in. Woodbury should be all grown up this year, and White and Uthoff have already proven they can rebound. Iowa should be pretty tough inside this year. Iowa is going to be a junior and senior dominated team unless one of the underclassmen have something to say about it.

I find it hard to believe that Woodbury, White, and Uthoff won't be great rebounders if they put the effort in. Woodbury should be all grown up this year, and White and Uthoff have already proven they can rebound. Iowa should be pretty tough inside this year. Iowa is going to be a junior and senior dominated team unless one of the underclassmen have something to say about it.

Lrts hope one or more underclass men have something to say about it as that will only make us better. :)

That's how I see it, Tierney, Woody already has shown signs of toughness, White was our best rebounder last season and Jaryd got 152 rebounds. We have something to prove and I believe we will.

Latest posts