Gabe Olaseni Tidbits

Hawkeyefan

This is from a Missouri State board

Saw this on a Rivals board...

Sunrise's coach says Iowa and Clemson are on top now for "Gabe" Olaseni. Utah State wants him now. Wichita State likes him. Many are waiting to see him in game action.

Per Rivals.com.... Gabe Olaseni, who is originally from England. With his size, Olaseni has the ability to be a back to the basket player at the collegiate level.

"He is a different type of post player," he said. "Not back to the basket banger yet and will have to get stronger, but he can run the floor very well. He can take two steps at the foul line and finish with his head above the rim."

"Iowa has offered and they are in there strong," Lindsted said. "Clemson is in the mix along with Wichita State, Missouri State, Auburn, and Utah State."

Per Hot Hoops 100....Gabe Olaseni 6-11 215 Wichita, KS Summit Christian Academy Long and athletic shotblocker has really improved his ability to control glass. His offensive skills are just starting to come. Good jump hook in paint. He is hearing from Clemson, Iowa, TCU, Drexel, Rhode Island, Wichita State, Missouri State, and Auburn

Sounds a lot like what I had read as well. Great defensive skills with developing offensive skills still. He sounds athletic and I like our chances with him.

Sounds like a good get if Iowa can land him.

I know coaches exaggerate their own players, but that athleticism sounds fun. Nice pairing with Basabe.

I never realized that he was 6'11. Sounds like he could be a Kurt Looby like talent but with four years to develop instead of two. Looby was exciting but very raw as a Hawk. He finally blossomed in the NBDL, though.

I never realized that he was 6'11. Sounds like he could be a Kurt Looby like talent but with four years to develop instead of two. Looby was exciting but very raw as a Hawk. He finally blossomed in the NBDL, though.

I was just starting to get excited about this potential get until I read this. Gosh, I hope he's better than Looby if we get him.

You recall wrong. James could dunk with the best of them.

Agree. Like May, Winters looked like he was on springs. He would block shots and dunk of two feet from a standing position and he broght the hammer when he dunked. Could be selective memory, but I don't remember too many guys challenging him at the rim.

Olaseni is coming from a prep school and not a junior college, correct? I think this is significant because he'll have four years to improve in contrast to players like Looby and Archie who really could have used some more time for development. Looby, in particular, I thought was a year or two away from being really good right when he graduated from Iowa.

Olaseni is coming from a prep school and not a junior college, correct? I think this is significant because he'll have four years to improve in contrast to players like Looby and Archie who really could have used some more time for development. Looby, in particular, I thought was a year or two away from being really good right when he graduated from Iowa.

Correct he is currently at a prep school.

Agree. Like May, Winters looked like he was on springs. He would block shots and dunk of two feet from a standing position and he broght the hammer when he dunked. Could be selective memory, but I don't remember too many guys challenging him at the rim.

Yeah, it was a shame when he destroyed his knee in '94. He was having a really good season at the time.

Latest posts