Future Team

Husky28

It was nice seeing some of next year's team get to display their abilities. At the 3 min. mark, there was only one starter on the floor.

It seems like they are only one or two big play makers away from being a good team vs. a B1G Champion contender. The question is whether those players are on the current roster or an upcoming recruit.

Uhl played one of his best games by far. Baer has gone from a nice story to a key contributor in about 3 games. Wagner is doing the most with his minutes from a rebounding/defense perspective, which is what Iowa needs anyway...they have plenty of scorers on this year's team...they need bigger bodies to play D and grab boards.

Overall, there is a lot to be optimistic about.

I may be in the minority on Gesell, which usually dumbfounds me. However, I believe we will desperately miss both he and Clemmons next year. Tough to replace Gesell's offense and Clemmons' defense. Clemmons was lock down on Forbes last night!

I may be in the minority on Gesell, which usually dumbfounds me. However, I believe we will desperately miss both he and Clemmons next year. Tough to replace Gesell's offense and Clemmons' defense. Clemmons was lock down on Forbes last night!

We'll definitely miss them both. Most players really dial in their senior year knowing it's their last chance.

Gesell contributed a lot as a freshmen. I suspect Bohannon will also contribute a lot at the point next year...not suggesting he will play at the current level of Gesell or Clemmons. But he won't likely have that senior intensity. We have 4 guys playing with that intensity and confidence. Some guys (Baer) play that way all of the time. It's all they know. But he's the exception not the rule IMO.

Latest posts