Future of the B10

CNNSI with a good article today about the future of the B10, although it is stating the obvious. Iowa had a great chance to become an elite B10 program with Michigan being down, JoePa holding Penn St back and Michigan at an all time low and we missed it. Oh well, at least we can still shoot for 7-8 wins a year and a bowl game!

As I watched Meyer and strength coach Mickey Marotti celebrate, I realized it might be time to warn the other programs in the Big Ten about what will happen in the next few years. So here it goes:
You are completely screwed

Read more: Ohio State*dominating Big Ten, Week 6 college football preview - Andy Staples - SI.com

OSU will be good, as they have been for decades....but everyone is overreacting. Urban has proven he is a good coach when he has good talent, a great coach when he has great talent. But the media wants to believe the rest of the B1G is just going to concede the conference every year.

c'mon man.

Please, for the sake of all that is holy, just dont allow nebby to win the B1G for a number of years......

OSU will be good, as they have been for decades....but everyone is overreacting. Urban has proven he is a good coach when he has good talent, a great coach when he has great talent. But the media wants to believe the rest of the B1G is just going to concede the conference every year.

c'mon man.

Please, for the sake of all that is holy, just dont allow nebby to win the B1G for a number of years......

Tressel had the best athletes in the conference but was as conservative as KF. Urban will have even better athletes and won't hold back. The gap between OSU and the rest of the conference is going to be huge.

Tressel had the best athletes in the conference but was as conservative as KF. Urban will have even better athletes and won't hold back. The gap between OSU and the rest of the conference is going to be huge.

Walker said decades. Not just one. It's nothing new that they get top tier talent, that still doesn't mean that they are the best team on Saturdays.

Last edited:
I don't think OSU will dominate Michigan in the near future. Michigan is putting together top notch recruiting classes, too.

It's the second tier, if you will, that interests me. I see MSU, Iowa, Wisky, Nebby, and maybe NU, PU, and PSU in that group. The next few years will be interesting.

Lets see what Urban does without Tebow before we grant him best of all time and christ-like

I don't expect Urban to be there more than ...say...5 years. Something else will come up for him.

c'mon man.

This is different. They've never had a coach as aggressive as Meyer before. Those athletes, the offensive system they run, and Meyer's willingness to let the dogs loose present a whole new beast.

CNNSI with a good article today about the future of the B10, although it is stating the obvious. Iowa had a great chance to become an elite B10 program with Michigan being down, JoePa holding Penn St back and Michigan at an all time low and we missed it. Oh well, at least we can still shoot for 7-8 wins a year and a bowl game!

As I watched Meyer and strength coach Mickey Marotti celebrate, I realized it might be time to warn the other programs in the Big Ten about what will happen in the next few years. So here it goes:
You are completely screwed

Read more: Ohio State*dominating Big Ten, Week 6 college football preview - Andy Staples - SI.com

Agreed, Iowa had one of if not the most talented team in the league 3 years in a row and failed to go to the rose bowl even once.

2010 was the ultimate squandered opportunity.

Latest posts