Fullback goes the wrong way

ICHawk24

I've been thinking of posting this all week, but didn't want to see an extensive argument. Now that I'm hyped up for tomorrow, I'll post.

Everyone blames the 2008 loss at MSU on the fullback going the wrong way on the 4th and 1.

Last week, Brad Rogers went to the opposite a-gap than Weisman did on the tying TD.

Did he go the wrong way?

Go to 2:00 and watch for yourself.

[video=youtube;SmAZICetYQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmAZICetYQc&feature=g-user-u[/video]

Come on ICHawk that was clear back in 2008 we're better than that...just playin. Honestly I have no idea.

JG10Hawk, I realize what happened. I want the so-called "experts" to tell me if he done wrong.

Look it is an inside zone play and the fullback's job is to cut off the backside defensive end aka the "pursuit" player. On the play Gholston doesn't chase down the line and instead takes himself out of the play and instead of attacking the edge Rogers does what he should and then leads upfield where he finds Gholston again and pushes him into the end zone. Rodgers did his job and it is the design of the play

Look it is an inside zone play and the fullback's job is to cut off the backside defensive end aka the "pursuit" player. On the play Gholston doesn't chase down the line and instead takes himself out of the play and instead of attacking the edge Rogers does what he should and then leads upfield where he finds Gholston again and pushes him into the end zone. Rodgers did his job and it is the design of the play

Then why do people act like they are 100% certain that Leppert went the wrong way in 2008?

Then why do people act like they are 100% certain that Leppert went the wrong way in 2008?

NorthernHawkI is right...the Weisman TD definitely looks like a zone read to me. The Greene run back in '08 was a straight up lead play, as I recall.

I still can't believe Tobin didn't get called for the leg whip / tripping of the LB filling against Weisman. Every time I see that play I can't believe they didn't flag Tobin b/c it was so obvious.

I still can't believe Tobin didn't get called for the leg whip / tripping of the LB filling against Weisman. Every time I see that play I can't believe they didn't flag Tobin b/c it was so obvious.

Trinca-Pasat was even more blatantly held on back to back plays near the end of regulation and neither were called. That's football.

Latest posts