Fry vrs KF after 13 years

I thought we were boycotting hat party...err, I mean, pat harty.

I don't think Kurt has been to a Rose Bowl.

Yeah, he didn't get to the Rose Bowl the first year we went to the Orange because they got to pick first and took us so the Rose Bowl didn't get the chance. Are you seriously saying that it was his fault?

I understand that you hate Ferentz. That's fine, but you should concentrate and all the sub par years instead of that. By that logic you'd still have an issue with him if he won the national championship but didn't play in the Rose Bowl.

I don't think Kurt has been to a Rose Bowl.

I'm guessing you don't know OK4P's work.....,right? You know what though, you made his day.

OK4- Once again, mission accomplished.

Comparing the two is a "mute" point, as in deaf, why listen. Both have and still mean a lot to the UI. They're different coaches that came at different times (obviously) in regards to CFB and the BIG. I guess, for those that think numbers tell the entire story, this is interesting. Next time lets include Evy or Anderson too.

Yeah, he didn't get to the Rose Bowl the first year we went to the Orange because they got to pick first and took us so the Rose Bowl didn't get the chance. Are you seriously saying that it was his fault?

I understand that you hate Ferentz. That's fine, but you should concentrate and all the sub par years instead of that. By that logic you'd still have an issue with him if he won the national championship but didn't play in the Rose Bowl.

Seriously, you bit on OK4P's hook too? Are you able to write, but unable to read or just some how by chance missed all of OK's posts?

OK4P, you win again. How do you do it? I bow down to your excellence.

Under the old rules, OSU would have gone to that Rose Bowl. We lost to Iowa State that year, remember? Overall record used to be second tie breaker behind head to head (which was N/A in 2002). Also, when Hayden was here, you could pretty much chalk up Ws against ISU and Northwestern, but Kurt has yet to beat both in the same year.

I think it is a bit unfair, since Hayden did not inherit half the trainwreck that he left Kurt.

If we eliminate the first two season's of each reign, Haiden went 60-26-4, while Kurt went 54-34. That means Haydn won 66% of his Big 10 games, while Curtis won 61%

Pharty has KF's bowl record wrong. Should be 6-4, not 5-5.
Accuracy in reporting.

1999 Iowa 1–10 0–8 11th

2000 Iowa 3–9 3–5 8th

2001 Iowa 7–5 4–4 T–4th W Alamo

2002 Iowa 11–2 8–0 T–1st L Orange† 8

8 2003 Iowa 10–3 5–3 T–4th W Outback 8

8 2004 Iowa 10–2 7–1 T–1st W Capital One 8

8 2005 Iowa 7–5 5–3 T–3rd L Outback

2006 Iowa 6–7 2–6 T–8th L Alamo

2007 Iowa 6–6 4–4 T–5th

2008 Iowa 9–4 5–3 T–4th W Outback 20

20 2009 Iowa 11–2 6–2 T–2nd W Orange† 7

7 2010 Iowa 8–5 4–4 T–4th W Insight

2011 Iowa 7–6 4–4 4th (Legends) L Insight

I think it is a bit unfair, since Hayden did not inherit half the trainwreck that he left Kurt.

If we eliminate the first two season's of each reign, Haiden went 60-26-4, while Kurt went 54-34. That means Haydn won 66% of his Big 10 games, while Curtis won 61%

trying too hard. or maybe you are trying too hard to be obvious.

Seriously, you bit on OK4P's hook too? Are you able to write, but unable to read or just some how by chance missed all of OK's posts?

OK4P, you win again. How do you do it? I bow down to your excellence.

Yeah, I know. I'm a fish that got snagged in the river.

We all know he's a worthless troll. Apparently he has pictures of Jon with a goat because otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to constantly post all of his garbage here. But once in a while somebody has to say something just in case somebody else comes here. Otherwise they will think Iowa fans are all like that. :D

Plus, I wasn't even responding just to him but the guy who agreed and called our coach Kurt. I remember a while back when Clown fans tried to insult us by spelling our names wrong. I thought, "Wow. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I'm glad I'm not an Iowa State fan." Now we have Iowa "fans" doing the same thing.

Like I originally said, if you hate our coach that much...fine. But calling him Kurt tells everyone one of two things.

1: You're too stupid to know his name.

2: You think that's funny just like Iowa State fans who call us Hoks.

Either way you look like an idiot, which works...because you are.

One foot in yesterday, and one foot in tomorrow.

I heard there's a game or something on Saturday?

You're right about Hayden not inheriting half the trainwreck, he inherited the whole damn thing compared to Kurt.

Before Hayden arrived, Iowa hadn't had a winning season for 18 consecutive years.

You're right about Hayden not inheriting half the trainwreck, he inherited the whole damn thing compared to Kurt.

Before Hayden arrived, Iowa hadn't had a winning season for 18 consecutive years.

Yeah, and even with the trainwreck Fry inherited, the program was still more solid than Northwestern, Michigan State, Indiana, and Wisconsin. By 1999, all but IU had climbed out of the sewer, which meant is was a hell of a lot harder to rebuild a program in 1999 than 1978.

I know you are joking (sort of), but I'll take the bait......

The Rose Bowl is just a BCS game, like the Orange Bowl.

Hayden was 0-3 in BCS games, Ferentz 1-1. Advantage: Ferentz

Also, if you want to play this game, in New Year's Day or after bowl games, Hayden was 0-3, Ferentz is 4-2. Advantage, Ferentz.

I would still rate Hayden the better coach, but Ferentz can pass him if the next 7 years are better than the mediocre last 7 of Fry's tenure.

Under the old rules, OSU would have gone to that Rose Bowl. We lost to Iowa State that year, remember? Overall record used to be second tie breaker behind head to head (which was N/A in 2002). Also, when Hayden was here, you could pretty much chalk up Ws against ISU and Northwestern, but Kurt has yet to beat both in the same year.
Not really fair to compare their records against Iowa State and NW.

Iowa State and NW were AWFUL during the Fry era. AWFUL

They have been very competitive during the Ferentz era, with NW and Iowa State each going to multiple bowl games. Not making excuses, but just sayin'

If Curt doesn't get it together and start crushing the conference opponents that he's supposed to, Fry will remain as Iowa's greatest coach evar. For me, it's that simple.
Hayden didn't lose to the pond scum of the Big 10 (nor the clownz), or at least not with the frustrating regularity that Curt does.

Coach Fry always beat NW and Wisconsin. That is the difference in their Big Ten records.

Until the early to mid 90's, both of those teams were jokes. I mean, like Carlos Mencia jokes.

Latest posts