From Peter King MMQB

miller

Who are the other two that Ferentz refers to? Is Bob Sanders is one of them?

Take Moeaki. When GM Scott Pioli scouted Iowa's prospects last year, coach Kirk Ferentz told him Moeaki was one of the three most important players the program has had in his 11 years on the job. Pioli looked beyond the tight end's lack of productivity -- 76 catches in parts of five seasons -- to his intangibles: toughness, leadership, selflessness. He leads the Chiefs with 12 catches and two touchdowns after three weeks.

Read more: Michael Vick, Leon Washington, Kansas City Chiefs surprise in busy Week 3 in NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Who are the other two that Ferentz refers to? Is Bob Sanders is one of them?

Take Moeaki. When GM Scott Pioli scouted Iowa's prospects last year, coach Kirk Ferentz told him Moeaki was one of the three most important players the program has had in his 11 years on the job. Pioli looked beyond the tight end's lack of productivity -- 76 catches in parts of five seasons -- to his intangibles: toughness, leadership, selflessness. He leads the Chiefs with 12 catches and two touchdowns after three weeks.

Read more: Michael Vick, Leon Washington,*Kansas City Chiefs*surprise in busy Week 3 in NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Sanders and Gallery would be my guesses. I am sure I am missing an obvious one without thinking too much about it... Maybe AC?

I would guess Bob Sanders and Jon Beutjer. Beutjer's transfer really opened the door for big things.

LOL Jumper!

I am pretty sure that Bob Sanders was #2, but #3 is a bit of a mystery to me, although for some reason I want to think that it was a couple guys from that 2002 team.

Robert Gallery
Nate Kaeding
Dallas Clark

All of the above are good answers...

Brad Banks...Heisman Runner up...lead Iowa to KF's first BCS Bowl and Heisman stuff put the Program back on the map...

Honestly, I think that third person is staring us in the face......Ricky Stanzi. He took the reins of the quarterback job when we needed it most. We needed a leader of men, we needed someone who wasn't afraid to fail and we needed it at that point in time. I know some people (including myself) have short-term memory loss, but at the end of 2007, when we lost to Western Michigan, this program was in trouble. That was 2 straight years of 6 win football and we were staring into the abyss of a quarterback who couldn't lead himself out of a wet paper bag.

I shudder to think where this program would be at since 2007 if it weren't for Ricky Stanzi emerging as the leader of this team.

What about Sam Brownlee? Had he not been healthy in 2004, who else would have made opponents laugh at our running attack and allow us to beat them in the air?

/That said, Tate could have been one as well as he was a hell of a leader.

Honestly, I think that third person is staring us in the face......Ricky Stanzi. He took the reins of the quarterback job when we needed it most. We needed a leader of men, we needed someone who wasn't afraid to fail and we needed it at that point in time. I know some people (including myself) have short-term memory loss, but at the end of 2007, when we lost to Western Michigan, this program was in trouble. That was 2 straight years of 6 win football and we were staring into the abyss of a quarterback who couldn't lead himself out of a wet paper bag.

I shudder to think where this program would be at since 2007 if it weren't for Ricky Stanzi emerging as the leader of this team.

I think you're right.

Latest posts