Fresh start, tank, and build

HawksMN

How many of you all would be ready to go through this again? New coach, program tanks out for a few seasons, then builds back up.
Losing to teams like ISU, MN, etc in the process would be awfully painful.....oh wait, we do that already.

At this point I would take a fresh start. Been a Hawk fan for 35 years and for me, apathy started to set in the season before our 4-8 campaign. Losing games we shouldn't and getting out coached by 1st or 2nd year coaches... We'll... It's been the same song and dance for too long. After having season tickets for 10 years I finally gave them up last season... And I haven't missed it at all. Sure, the tailgating was fun but I could no longer justify the time or financial commitment. It's time for a change.

Sorry to hear to gave up on it DesMoinesHawk. I went through the Lauterbur and Cummings years. We were all so desperate for even a respectable football and all so happy when it happened. Unfortunately the only way things are changed is from the fans refusing to take it any longer.

Well it was boring offensive football again this year for the most part. UNI and Ball State were boring, ISU was another typical KF game against ISU (boring and no "bloodlust" like Hayden had). We had some good offensive halves of football, Pitt, Purdue, Wisky , NW, last 7 minutes against ball st.

So that means in 24 halves of football this year our offense looked decent for maybe 6 halves, I say that is terrible.

How many of you all would be ready to go through this again? New coach, program tanks out for a few seasons, then builds back up.
Losing to teams like ISU, MN, etc in the process would be awfully painful.....oh wait, we do that already.

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Iowa football HAS to tank for a few years if/when a coaching change is made? Wisconsin didn't seem to miss a beat when BB left for the Arkansas job..

Because of Lick? Well, he was just a horrendous hire. Hire a good coach, and I don't think things would really drop off much, if at all.

Latest posts