Fresh off of twitter...9 game conference schedule...

Iowa plays 5 home games on years they go to Ames. I would think the series just gained some momentum.

The schedule lines up for Iowa-ISU to continue...Iowa needs that as home game in years where they have four conference home games...which as it turns out, are even numbered years...which are the years they host ISU now

I also hope the Hawks no longer play Iowa State in football. Iowa needs to pocket all the money they can and not put the financial burden of carrying ISU's athletics on their backs any longer. Let ISU try to rip off someone else's fans and schools.

Will begin in 2017...

Twitter

Will 2016 be the last Iowa/ISU game?

Nope, if you look Iowa has 5 conference home games in odd years, Iowa goes to Ames in odd years so 2 home nonconference games against the likes of Tenn Tech and LA Monroe along with 5 home conference games is 7 home games and your 5 road games are at ISU and 4 conference games.

ISU plays 4 conference home games in odd years so now they can now schedule 2 more nonconference home games and have their 7.

It'll get dropped. ISU fans are clamoring for an easier route to bowl games and Iowa fans want to see the series dropped because we just don't like ISU. This gives the universities a built in excuse to walk away, even if the schedules line up.

Hopefully we can get Wisconsin back every year.

I agree 100%. My #1 complaint with how expansion ended up was us losing the Wisky game every year.

I dont know how likely it will be though because I think I read that if the B1G went to a 9 game conference slate that they would not put in a 2nd protected rival.

It'll get dropped. ISU fans are clamoring for an easier route to bowl games and Iowa fans want to see the series dropped because we just don't like ISU. This gives the universities a built in excuse to walk away, even if the schedules line up.

How do we get a guaranteed 7 home games a year then? Pay 3 mid- major/FCS teams to come to Kinnick every year?

Do we then make it so we would have 8 home games in even years? A lot of question marks on either side of this one.

How do we get a guaranteed 7 home games a year then? Pay 3 mid- major/FCS teams to come to Kinnick every year?

Do we then make it so we would have 8 home games in even years? A lot of question marks on either side of this one.

Exactly. More revenue. Or it opens up the door to schedule other BCS teams, something that will probably be off the table if we are stuck playing ISU every year.

Exactly. More revenue. Or it opens up the door to schedule other BCS teams, something that will probably be off the table if we are stuck playing ISU every year.

If that happens it will be interesting to see how the University handles season ticket prices. Do they change every year because of the alternation between 7 and 8 home games, or do they increase them the first year we go to 8 games and just say F it?

Im guessing it would be the latter.

Ugh. I hate this unbalanced crap. Hated it with PSU, will hate it again in a few years with this move.

Since we're just going to be playing cream puffs in our non-conference before long anyways, they might as well have gone to 10 conference games.

You have to move the ISU series to 2/4 or 2/6 years. You don't kill it, but Iowa needs the visibilty of playing other BCS teams from around the country too much to keep the yearly ISU game.

The schedule lines up for Iowa-ISU to continue...Iowa needs that as home game in years where they have four conference home games...which as it turns out, are even numbered years...which are the years they host ISU now

And I doubt that's coincidental.

The biggest issue that no one has mentioned with the 9 gm conf schedule is the imbalance they've created WITHIN divisions. This is HUGE. Half of one division playing 5 home & 4 away while the other half plays the opposite? Just stupid. Home field may be the biggest factor in determining these games.

I like the 9 gm conference schedule, but how this wasn't implemented as ENTIRE divisions playing the same # of home & roads is quite honestly pathetic. People complain about alignment, logos & division names; this scheduling failure is of epic proportions. Just flat terrible.

Should have been...
Yr 1 Legends plays 5 Home conf & 4 Roads
Yr 2 Leaders plays 5 Home conf & 4 Roads

Quite honestly I do not see how it wasn't done this way.

The biggest issue that no one has mentioned with the 9 gm conf schedule is the imbalance they've created WITHIN divisions. This is HUGE. Half of one division playing 5 home & 4 away while the other half plays the opposite? Just stupid. Home field may be the biggest factor in determining these games.

I like the 9 gm conference schedule, but how this wasn't implemented as ENTIRE divisions playing the same # of home & roads is quite honestly pathetic. People complain about alignment, logos & division names; this scheduling failure is of epic proportions. Just flat terrible.

Should have been...

An excellent point.

Should have been...

Eh that's not that big of a deal to me. The schedule's have never been balanced before. When you miss two teams every year some years you're going to miss OSU and Michigan other years Illinois and Indiana. So even if they did give each division the same amount of home games the schedules still wouldn't be equal.

Latest posts