FRAN'S RECRUITING

okeefe4prez

FRAN HAS DECIDEDLY ELEVATED THE TALENT LEVEL FROM LICKLITER, WHICH IS A LOW BAR. BUT I'M KIND OF CONCERNED WITH HOW HE IS GOING TO NAVIGATE THE TRANSFER PORTAL ERA AND HIS RECRUITING GENERALLY.

FOUR OF THE REALLY BIG CONTRIBUTORS ON THIS TEAM TOTALLY FELL INTO HIS LAP, IN THE MURRAY TWINS AND HIS KIDS. JORDAN BOHANNON DID AS WELL IN THAT HE HAD NO OTHER MAJOR OFFERS AND YOU COULD ALWAYS SEE WHY IN BIG GAMES.

I WILL GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR LANDING WHAT I USED TO CALL THE "SIOUX CITY LINEUP" WHERE HE HAD GUYS LIKE HOODBURY, GESELL AND MCCABE. AND OF COURSE GARZA WAS AN AMAZING GET AND I GIVE HIM BIG CREDIT THERE. BUT I AIN'T GONNA LIE, LOSING NUNGE AND REPLACING HIM WITH REBRACA WAS A BIG STEP BACK. CJ WOULD HAVE BEEN A NICE CONTRIBUTOR AS WELL. I'M FAIRLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE TALENT LEVEL AS WE LOSE THE GUYS WHO FELL INTO HIS LAP. THE GUARD PLAY IS LAUGHABLE AS WE GET DEEPER INTO MARCH.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? IS FRAN GOING TO LAND US THE TALENT WE NEED TO AT LEAST WIN TWO GAMES IN THE BIG DANCE OR DID WE WITNESS THE HIGH WATER MARK IN 2021 AND 2022?

Love your sarcasm. It brightened up a disappointing day. But if we get the Tony Perkins of the last third of the season full time I would rather have him over CJ.

I'm excited to see the point guard we have coming in, Desonte Bowen.

We need more consistency out of Rebraca, and we need Ogendule to shed fifty of his pounds and give them to Mulvey. Could we do siphon liposuction and turn O's fat into muscle for Mulvey.

Love your sarcasm. It brightened up a disappointing day. But if we get the Tony Perkins of the last third of the season full time I would rather have him over CJ.

I'm excited to see the point guard we have coming in, Desonte Bowen.

We need more consistency out of Rebraca, and we need Ogendule to shed fifty of his pounds and give them to Mulvey. Could we do siphon liposuction and turn O's fat into muscle for Mulvey.
DOES THE LAST THIRD OF THE SEASON INCLUDE YESTERDAY'S GAME? 19 MINUTES, 6 POINTS, 1 BOARD, 1 ASSIST, 3 TOS AND 5 FOULS IS NOT A GREAT STAT LINE.

DOES THE LAST THIRD OF THE SEASON INCLUDE YESTERDAY'S GAME? 19 MINUTES, 6 POINTS, 1 BOARD, 1 ASSIST, 3 TOS AND 5 FOULS IS NOT A GREAT STAT LINE.
Perkins is a huge upgrade over Fredrick...Fred was WAY too slow. Hopefully the guys coming in have some good foot speed and athleticism.

Did Garza fall in his lap?

Fran pulled the trigger on those 2 brothers when other programs wouldn't. He did it under heavy scrutiny from the fan base. I don't know how that's falling in your lap.

Did Garza fall in his lap?

Fran pulled the trigger on those 2 brothers when other programs wouldn't. He did it under heavy scrutiny from the fan base. I don't know how that's falling in your lap.

I SPECIFICALLY GAVE HIM PROPS FOR GARZA. GARZA AT LEAST HAD SOME P5 AND HIGH MID MAJOR OFFERS.

RE-READ WHAT YOU WROTE, SECOND PARAGRAPH. YOU SAY IT YOURSELF "WHEN OTHER PROGRAMS WOULDN'T." YES, HE MADE THE OFFER, BUT THERE WAS A FAMILY CONNECTION TO THE PROGRAM AND THERE WAS ZERO COMPETITION FOR THEM. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF FALLING INTO HIS LAP.

IOWA USED TO ROUTINELY COMPETE WITH PROGRAMS LIKE ILLINOIS OR MICHIGAN FOR RECRUITS AND COME OUT ON TOP. NOW WE ARE COMPETING WITH THE LIKES OF UNI AND DRAKE OR OTHER MID TIER MID MAJORS FOR GUYS.

I SPECIFICALLY GAVE HIM PROPS FOR GARZA. GARZA AT LEAST HAD SOME P5 AND HIGH MID MAJOR OFFERS.

RE-READ WHAT YOU WROTE, SECOND PARAGRAPH. YOU SAY IT YOURSELF "WHEN OTHER PROGRAMS WOULDN'T." YES, HE MADE THE OFFER, BUT THERE WAS A FAMILY CONNECTION TO THE PROGRAM AND THERE WAS ZERO COMPETITION FOR THEM. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF FALLING INTO HIS LAP.

IOWA USED TO ROUTINELY COMPETE WITH PROGRAMS LIKE ILLINOIS OR MICHIGAN FOR RECRUITS AND COME OUT ON TOP. NOW WE ARE COMPETING WITH THE LIKES OF UNI AND DRAKE OR OTHER MID TIER MID MAJORS FOR GUYS.
Definition of falling into your lap is a player who was coming there regardless of who the coach was or is. Wiesy fell in his lap, the Murray's he took a big chance on and it paid off. Don't take that from him, be fair about it. If Iowa is a mess, no legacy recruits are coming here. It's not a mess, it's a healthy and vibrant program with success. Tell me how he hasn't competed well enough in March, cause that I agree with - his talent and recruiting is as good as it's been at Iowa since the 80's and you're seeing that with all the accolades his players receive.

Definition of falling into your lap is a player who was coming there regardless of who the coach was or is. Wiesy fell in his lap, the Murray's he took a big chance on and it paid off. Don't take that from him, be fair about it. If Iowa is a mess, no legacy recruits are coming here. It's not a mess, it's a healthy and vibrant program with success. Tell me how he hasn't competed well enough in March, cause that I agree with - his talent and recruiting is as good as it's been at Iowa since the 80's and you're seeing that with all the accolades his players receive.
I'D BET SOMEONE A DOLLAR THAT WITHOUT AN OFFER THOSE DUDES WOULD HAVE STILL WALKED ON AT IOWA.

I'D BET SOMEONE A DOLLAR THAT WITHOUT AN OFFER THOSE DUDES WOULD HAVE STILL WALKED ON AT IOWA.
LOL - they were going to get offers, think that hindsight is pretty clear now. Fran got ahead of them. I'm just asking that you be fair about that. You aren't being that. I get it you're pissed, I am too, but going scorched earth on a team that wasn't even expected to dance prior to the season is pretty rich.

Wasn't Iowa predicted to be 10th this year in the BIG? NIT bound? We over performed. Nobody knew what to expect from Murrays, Perkins, JT, Sandfort etc etc. Lost 4 starters from last yr pretty much and 5 if you consider they moved JBo to the 2 and obviously that didn't fit. It's just crazy to what extent expectations shift in the course of a season.

The recruits we have coming in next yr look solid as all get out. I bet Bowen plays a lot. Extremely high 4 star 6'3 pg. He's pretty much the unicorn Frans been trying to land forever. So now he's got one. Dix I think broke his leg so I doubt he'll be ready to go early on next yr I suspect he'll RS.

Are you going to use All CAPS and 28 font until Iowa gets past the round of 32? LOL.

I think you should.
NO, IT'S A 24 HOURS OF MOURNING THING. ONLY ABOUT 4 MORE HOURS. AND BY THEN I WILL LIKELY DISAPPEAR FROM THE HOOPS BOARD UNTIL AROUND FRANUARY OF 2023.

DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN THAT RADIO DJ LIVED ON THE BILLBOARD UNTIL THE BRONCOS WON A GAME? THAT GUY WAS A FUCKING LEGEND.

Latest posts