Fran's press conferences

1hawkifan

I know this has been discussed before regarding Fran's press conferences and how much detail he gives in comparison to Kirk. I really enjoyed reading it yesterday. Like Kirk's, I mainly skip through it. I don't give it the time like I would for Fran.

Maybe in Frans 16th year, we will tire of his pressers...but I doubt it. He is simply more of a communicator than KF. Of course, it was media day....and even KF is more expansive on media day.

I like Gesell at the point guard position and I also like what he said about Clemmons but it feels like the real "x factor" this year is what Trey Dickerson can bring to the team. Fran's quote below stood out to me ...

The reason why we brought him in, he’s different than everything else we have. He’s a creator. He’s great in the pick‑and‑roll. He can score. But he loads people up. So if you have shooters on the floor, like, for example, if he was on the floor with Pete and Josh and Jarrod, he’s going to find those guys for open shots. If you have your longer athletic lineup, he’s going to be able to penetrate in the lane, find guys near the basket, throw alley‑oop passes up near the rim.

Latest posts