Fran's 2 foul rule

HawkU

How much is that hurting the defense? Players wanna play so are they backing off their aggressiveness on D not wanting to pick up 2 and go ride the pine?

It pretty much guarantees a player will be ineffective the entire game. Is there a single example of a player getting 2 quick fouls, sitting an entire half, then killing it the 2nd half? I can't think of one, but I've seen plenty like Garza tonight. I wanted to puke when that announcer said Garza will be ready the 2nd half. I knew he was going to be a non factor this game as soon as I heard the whistle blow on his second foul.

Fran essentially caused Garza to foul out while playing just 14 minutes and committing just 2 fouls. Beyond stupid, especially with the depth we have at the position.

This, along with everything about dogmatic substitutions, are glaring examples of his strategical ineptitude.

I'm beginning to wonder if coaching basketball is just his hobby and he's doing it for the court-side seats.

With all the depth at every position except PG, there is no reason to bench kids after two 1st half fouls.

Fran essentially caused Garza to foul out while playing just 14 minutes and committing just 2 fouls. Beyond stupid, especially with the depth we have at the position.

That's the only thing Fran has going for him, but what f*cking good is it. Crazy Franimal

Dumb rule that Fran does administer way to often.. but he HAS brought back guys with 2 fouls in the first half before. I think he did with Cook last night right?

I knew he wasn’t going to be a factor when I watched how slow his feet were

He's 7 feet tall and not named Anthony Davis so yes he's going to have slow feet. I'm far more concerned about our guards' feet than our tallest player.

I really thought getting the T on a close call on the Out-of-bounds was silly. If your upset about officiating get a T for that! You come off as rediculous getting upset about one single play.

I know there will be multiple threads on this topic this year...like every year. But it's not going to change. I have to assume Fran got burnt "trusting" his players to be smart and not pick up their 3rd in the first half. So now his rule is set in stone. If a game is getting away from us and our star is sitting I would like to see him back in the game for a couple of minutes to stop the bleeding. But we don't currently have a guy that is automatically going to stop the bleeding. It is what it is. I know it's not going to change so I just accept it.

Why have that rule when you have 14 players in the rotation?
Exactly. Players not just young ones gotta learn to play with them. Taking them out for as long as Fran does doesn't accomplish two things. It doesn't help the player stay in the flow of the game. And it don't help the team. The fact we have depth only matters if that depth is good enough to replace who's not out there. Otherwise they are just bodies out there

Exactly. Players not just young ones gotta learn to play with them. Taking them out for as long as Fran does doesn't accomplish two things. It doesn't help the player stay in the flow of the game. And it don't help the team. The fact we have depth only matters if that depth is good enough to replace who's not out there. Otherwise they are just bodies out there[/QUOTE]

Excellent statement!

Another example tonight. 2nd foul on Tyler Cook tonight with 8:54 left in 1st half. Score was 19-17 Iowa at the time.

Another example tonight. 2nd foul on Tyler Cook tonight with 8:54 left in 1st half. Score was 19-17 Iowa at the time.

Leave your best player on the bench no matter what, and never call a timeout until you're blown out.. Sounds like Fran's MO. Nice way to keep the game from getting out of hand there, coach.