Fran vs the guy who took the first 15 seed to the Elite 8 Game Thread

The pit bull was barking at the opposition. He needs to tone that down. That’s his second T this year and we’ve barely started the season.
Personally I am ok with him getting a T. He had a tough finish in the lane that got him fired up. When he gets a t for barking at the opposing team or their fans, that means he is playing well and is aggressive. If it takes him getting a t so be it.

Lol; Iowa just won by 16 on the road despite all the complete bullshit you delivered.
And 49 points in the second half.

But I digress. He must watch too much NBA where every team jack's up 40 per night. So I know where he's comimg from about modern offense and everything.

Peyton will learn from this. JBo is no longer around to attract the defenses attention. And Connor delivered at a time when I felt we needed the three the most.

Pmac the most frustrating coaches son ever
Besides his shot selection and dribbling into double teams the thing that probably irks me the most about his game is that for a coaches son he jumps to pass way way too much. That's such a no no for most that you'd think that would be implanted into his brain based on who his dad and bro are. But he sure does it an awful lot. He's got such great potential though. When he's on he's fun to watch too

Take time off the clock

Get fouled and make free throws

Fran's style, Lads
It works... I mean I'm sure Seton Hall thinks the refs were one sided but truth is we coulda shot 40 FTs if they'd have called more of them. They reach and hack all the dang time and they didn't call all of them. Just glad to see we made so many of them cause with that style of play that's what it takes

I really liked the line-up we used to finish out the game, especially due to the opponent and how everyone was playing. Happy to see Fran stick with them for so long at the end because it was working so well. It may be a different finishing line-up the next game and it should be. Go with who is playing well and what we need vs the current opponent. A lot of grit on the floor to close out the game.

I love Pat's game... I realize I'm in the minority and it's En Vogue to hate Fran's kids. I think he's still working on his strength and conditioning and I am curious if he's had some set backs? He played the least minutes of the starters last night.

If iowa is really only going to play 8 guys this year, we need Pat to stay healthy.

I really liked the line-up we used to finish out the game, especially due to the opponent and how everyone was playing. Happy to see Fran stick with them for so long at the end because it was working so well. It may be a different finishing line-up the next game and it should be. Go with who is playing well and what we need vs the current opponent. A lot of grit on the floor to close out the game.
Fran has always been pretty good at playing the hot hands down the stretch. He won't stick with someone just because. Ulis earned his time to be out there at both ends. Loved it

sandfort cant get his 2 handed set shot off against any teams with athetes and that isnt changing. 5 for 16 doesnt cut it in 2022 when you are relying on Kris to get them all. Our 4 perimeter guards cant shoot their way out of a paper bag from 3 and thats reality.
Go Away. You are trolling.

Agree that Kris & Perkins are a great 1-2 punch.
Disagree that Rbreca is most indispensable player...once the BTen season begins, his #s will drop dramatically as it appears Fran is determined to play him out of position at the Center position again this year. Frankly, if The Big O was getting Rbraca's minutes, I have no doubt he'd be putting up the same #s, and would improve our rebounding in the BTen as well.
Curious to see Sandfort have such a stinker of a game tonight where he basically disappeared, except when making silly fouls. They really need him to be a steady point contributor to win big games.
Seton Hall is a seriously offense-challenged team, and due to lack of height inside, I don't see the Hawks as a Top 15 team.
Well, I am just shocked that you found a few gripes to present to us.

I think there’s a 600 yard field drop off between Josh O and Fillip. Rebraca had a double double, and 5 blocks. He just had the game of his career. Sandfort had his fist game as a marked man and still played well. He’ll adjust. He still played within himself. I bet Iowa is in the top 15 in a few weeks but ok.
Right. And Sandforts improvement on the defense end is impressive.

Last night KMurray showed he can be the '3-level scorer' that he's been trying to become. Really happy that all his hard work is paying off! But this team's strength at first look is how they perform as a unit: lots of movement off the ball, and most importantly a reluctance to take bad shots due to confidence they can get a better shot -- these are signs of a mature and really well-coached team. All they lack is a tall defensive presence in the post to be a truly elite team. Which is why I keep harping on getting the Big O or Mulvey more game time. Give either of them Rbraca's minutes, and they'd put up a double-double every game too, and be stronger defensive presence. If Rbraca could step out and hit 15 ft jumpers or 3-pters it would be a completely different story...but he doesn't appear to be capable of doing that consistently.

It works... I mean I'm sure Seton Hall thinks the refs were one sided but truth is we coulda shot 40 FTs if they'd have called more of them. They reach and hack all the dang time and they didn't call all of them. Just glad to see we made so many of them cause with that style of play that's what it takes

The Pirates were outclassed

Rather undisciplined while the Hawks played deliberately

Survey pirates thought that could pound the Hawks into submission

Not these guys, Fran recruits and coaches Toughness and discipline

:cool:

This.

We need a guy like that on our team.
This is exactly what I said to my son during the game.

First of all, it was a questionable T that most refs wouldn't have called.

Second, even if they did call it, I would rather have a kid fired up and getting a T than not into it at all. We were also up by 12-13 at the time, so I don't think the T mattered.

I was expecting a coach to go over to him and give him some support after the T, but it did not happen (that I saw). That surprised me a little bit.

Latest posts