Fran vs the guy who took the first 15 seed to the Elite 8 Game Thread

I’ve been trying to get y’all hyped for this team. This wasn’t a crazy win, Iowa still has plenty of those opportunities in front of them, but it was their first test and Iowa passed in every angle. Pat played well, he’s an a true X factor imo. Ulis played well, another X type player. So good on D. No beer in heaven my dudes

I just realized Iowa was 1.5 underdog in this game. Really other than the first 4 minutes of the game Iowa manhandled them.
I was seeing them as even but either way, Iowa took it to them after starting the game in a 10-2 hole. This gets us ready for TCU, ISU and Duke coming up.

TCU lost to northwestern state tonight...sound familiar...our team is short of 3 shooters and it will cost us on the road many times. Even so this win will look good in march. I like this schedule should make us much better down the road.

TCU lost to northwestern state tonight...sound familiar...our team is short of 3 shooters and it will cost us on the road many times. Even so this win will look good in march. I like this schedule should make us much better down the road.
Alford stayed one more year, but NW State effectively packed his bags for him.

What I liked the most? Iowa didn’t really depend on the 3. They took em when they got open shots, sometimes I thought Kris pushed it, but as a whole we didn’t just launch them. They attacked the basket and continuously took it at the rim. Ulis can penetrate, we have multiple guys who can attack the rim from the peremiter that can also shoot the three.

Iowa doesn’t need the 3 when they can score at the rim. They’ll also bury some teams from outside

Iowa can shoot the 3 with Tony, Peyton, Pat, and Kris, 4 of the 5 bulk minute guys. They don’t need to rely on it on nights like tonight. Iowa is more dangerous this year than last. Last year was small potatoes. Whenever y’all wanna catch up feel free

sandfort cant get his 2 handed set shot off against any teams with athetes and that isnt changing. 5 for 16 doesnt cut it in 2022 when you are relying on Kris to get them all. Our 4 perimeter guards cant shoot their way out of a paper bag from 3 and thats reality.

I don’t think Iowa is a top 10 team, I think they can play with top 10 teams, I think they can be a top 15 team. I think Kris will get better as the year goes. I think Rebraca is our most indispensable player, I think Pat is the X factor in most games. I think Kris and Tony are one of the better 1-2 punches in the country and I think Sandfort will be and is way better then CJF

I don’t think Iowa is a top 10 team, I think they can play with top 10 teams, I think they can be a top 15 team. I think Kris will get better as the year goes. I think Rebraca is our most indispensable player, I think Pat is the X factor in most games. I think Kris and Tony are one of the better 1-2 punches in the country and I think Sandfort will be and is way better then CJF
Agree that Kris & Perkins are a great 1-2 punch.
Disagree that Rbreca is most indispensable player...once the BTen season begins, his #s will drop dramatically as it appears Fran is determined to play him out of position at the Center position again this year. Frankly, if The Big O was getting Rbraca's minutes, I have no doubt he'd be putting up the same #s, and would improve our rebounding in the BTen as well.
Curious to see Sandfort have such a stinker of a game tonight where he basically disappeared, except when making silly fouls. They really need him to be a steady point contributor to win big games.
Seton Hall is a seriously offense-challenged team, and due to lack of height inside, I don't see the Hawks as a Top 15 team.

sandfort cant get his 2 handed set shot off against any teams with athetes and that isnt changing. 5 for 16 doesnt cut it in 2022 when you are relying on Kris to get them all. Our 4 perimeter guards cant shoot their way out of a paper bag from 3 and thats reality.
Well, he got some big ones off last year against Indiana and Purdue's athletes in last year's BTT.......

The ball, for the most part, was going into the lane tonight. And if 5-16 isn't a sexy number for you then here's another. 28-33.

Sounds sexy to me, both the attempts and the percentage.

Agree that Kris & Perkins are a great 1-2 punch.
Disagree that Rbreca is most indispensable player...once the BTen season begins, his #s will drop dramatically as it appears Fran is determined to play him out of position at the Center position again this year. Frankly, if The Big O was getting Rbraca's minutes, I have no doubt he'd be putting up the same #s, and would improve our rebounding in the BTen as well.
Curious to see Sandfort have such a stinker of a game tonight where he basically disappeared, except when making silly fouls. They really need him to be a steady point contributor to win big games.
Seton Hall is a seriously offense-challenged team, and due to lack of height inside, I don't see the Hawks as a Top 15 team.
I think there’s a 600 yard field drop off between Josh O and Fillip. Rebraca had a double double, and 5 blocks. He just had the game of his career. Sandfort had his fist game as a marked man and still played well. He’ll adjust. He still played within himself. I bet Iowa is in the top 15 in a few weeks but ok.

Sanfdort could shoot a 3 every single time down the floor if he wanted to. He's got Bohannon's quick release and a 6'8 frame.

Sanfdort could shoot a 3 every single time down the floor if he wanted to. He's got Bohannon's quick release and a 6'8 frame.
Exactly, but he also knows it’s likely not iowas best option when he’s covered up like he was tonight. He’s gonna get so lose in some game this year.

Lol; Iowa just won by 16 on the road despite all the complete bullshit you delivered.

Latest posts