Fran said Kris Won't Play for Couple of Weeks

Was on Anthony Herron's radio show this morning

Hawkeyes play two tomato cans before returning to B1G play against Nebraska on Dec 29

Wondering if this might be how it plays out. 2 guaranteed W's without him - I'd even include Ulis.
Get Bowen more minutes; give Sandfort a chance to shoot his way out his funk, let Dix and Kingsbury see if they can hit some shots, and, for God's sake, let big Josh run up and down the court 30 or 40 times to keep Rebreca fresh.

With the extended breaks between games, this is over 2 weeks of depth building and fine tuning before shit gets serious. By then, Kris comes back healthy and very rested, ready to go for conference MVP with double/double after double/double. You have back court options and play for a top-7 finish in conference.

these get right games really come at a great time. I don't give Iowa much of a shot at Nebraska without Kris. I don't give this team much of a shot of placing in the upper half of the conference down 1 starter let alone 2. The other side to this coin is it does allow Iowa to grow some depth, get some other players PT and also it allows other players to be depended on to provide the scoring.

these get right games really come at a great time. I don't give Iowa much of a shot at Nebraska without Kris. I don't give this team much of a shot of placing in the upper half of the conference down 1 starter let alone 2. The other side to this coin is it does allow Iowa to grow some depth, get some other players PT and also it allows other players to be depended on to provide the scoring.
Yeah other then 2 weeks before the season starting this is about as good a time as they coulda hoped for... But man here's to hoping he'll be able to hit the floor running once he is. Sure do need him

Initially, I thought the road game against Nebraska, December 29th was the target date for his return. Then reading the posts from everyone who has experienced Plantar Fascilitis and going to WebMD I became a fucking Podiatrist.:)

In all seriousness, it did make me push the time table back for his return to the Indiana game on the 5th.

So are we talking the 29th, 1st or 5th for his return?

If the rumor is true of a high ankle sprain in that area this type of injury can take significant time to heal, maybe several weeks.

I am hoping for the best. With Kris on board I think we easily would have beaten the cheese heads.

If the rumor is true of a high ankle sprain in that area this type of injury can take significant time to heal, maybe several weeks.

I am hoping for the best. With Kris on board I think we easily would have beaten the cheese heads.
Without question! Rebraca was out of sorts and, even with the garbage from outside, he would have covered at least a couple of those misses and it woulda been a close W in regulation.

Latest posts