Fran rant!!!

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
What I have seen in previous games is our helpside defenders are waaay out of position. So when we get beat, (yes it does happen) there is no one to stop the drive.

I will say, that in Iowa's last two games, this seems to be corrected. Man to man is much improved. Now, can they sustain that improvement or will they fall back into their bad habits?

Yes, it's better, with fewer lay-ups and uncontested dunks. We need to keep this up! The last cpl of gms, I've seen the lane occupied more and more by an Iowa defender. It's a lot to ask a slow-footed center positioned in the middle of the lane to run all the way out and defend a shooter out in 3 point land.

Yes, it's better, with fewer lay-ups and uncontested dunks. We need to keep this up! The last cpl of gms, I've seen the lane occupied more and more by an Iowa defender. It's a lot to ask a slow-footed center positioned in the middle of the lane to run all the way out and defend a shooter out in 3 point land.

Spot on. Covering the lane and 3 point line in corners is terribly hard for anyone. Want to see another game of good team defense. Last two games have been good.

What are you talking about?? Every person on this board is a coach!:p

giphy.gif

Will Ryan K. Transfer to Miami of Ohio after his performance against PSU? Ask black gold...

Haha good game from him I want him to succeed don’t get that confused. My mind was made up on him a long time ago gonna take more than one good game from a winless penn state squad to change my mind! Good thing I’m not the coach! Go Hawks!

I was thinking more Drake/UNI