Fran on Moss

About all he can say really. He wouldn't ever share his true thoughts with public if he thought otherwise anyway.

I think all coaches and players owe each other is a level of candor. Moss clearly wanted a more central role and more minutes. He wanted to be Jok. Fran, knowing what he had coming back and what he had coming in, and knowing Moss' limitations, could not promise him what he wanted. Their visions did not match up, Moss decided to go elsewhere. I do not see why there needs to be any hard feelings. Sometimes moving on is just what is in the cards.

I still do not get going to Kansas if his desire was to be the man. He won't be. But, if he viewed his role at Iowa as being not much more than a role player who gets to start, then I can see the wisdom of being a role player for a much better program. Beyond that, the logic of this move escapes me.

I think all coaches and players owe each other is a level of candor. Moss clearly wanted a more central role and more minutes. He wanted to be Jok. Fran, knowing what he had coming back and what he had coming in, and knowing Moss' limitations, could not promise him what he wanted. Their visions did not match up, Moss decided to go elsewhere. I do not see why there needs to be any hard feelings. Sometimes moving on is just what is in the cards.

I still do not get going to Kansas if his desire was to be the man. He won't be. But, if he viewed his role at Iowa as being not much more than a role player who gets to start, then I can see the wisdom of being a role player for a much better program. Beyond that, the logic of this move escapes me.

Well, if you only are going to get 17 minutes a game, you might as well get them at Kansas on a #5 team in the nation than at Iowa.

There has always been the debate, would you rather be The Man on a team that is .500, or a small role player on a team that goes to the Final Four? Arguments can be made both ways.

Here, Moss seemed to know he would not be the Man at Iowa, so I guess being a bench guy for a Top 10 team is not the worst way to spend your 5th year of college.

And, with injuries, a new coach, and a belief in yourself, you never know what can happen.

There has always been the debate, would you rather be The Man on a team that is .500, or a small role player on a team that goes to the Final Four? Arguments can be made both ways.

Here, Moss seemed to know he would not be the Man at Iowa, so I guess being a bench guy for a Top 10 team is not the worst way to spend your 5th year of college.

And, with injuries, a new coach, and a belief in yourself, you never know what can happen.

Maybe he left because he wanted to be the man, but then realized it wasn't really going to happen, so at the last second decided if he can't be the man, you just as well be on a good team. Nothing wrong with that line of thinking as long as he's ok with less minutes on a better team.

Boy, it's going to be pretty interesting around these parts if next season Moss averages something like 15pts, 2-3 assists and a handful of rebounds.

Oh, I can see the logic. He thinks he's earned the right, or is good enough, to be "the guy" in crunch times, or doesn't understand why he hasn't been in at certain points in games, or whatever. And for whatever reason, discussing it with Fran--whatever the topic--didn't leave him with a satisfactory answer/solution. Being able to move on as a grad transfer, he chose to do that. "Right" or "wrong" may not be an easy call until the end of next season.