Fran McKarma??

I appreciate Fran/Kirk assembling squads with talent.
But game-day coaching. Could you address that? We start 7-0 and lose by 20. How many times do we dribble drive into the paint and lose the ball. Does Fran teach them when it's wise to penetrate, and how to do it successfully? Both coaches also struggle with time-outs and how to use them to Iowa's benefit.

Dribbling into the paint and losing it is player error. Unless you're suggesting they never should.

I appreciate Fran/Kirk assembling squads with talent.
But game-day coaching. Could you address that? We start 7-0 and lose by 20. How many times do we dribble drive into the paint and lose the ball. Does Fran teach them when it's wise to penetrate, and how to do it successfully? Both coaches also struggle with time-outs and how to use them to Iowa's benefit.

There are also games where we start slow and win big. I attribute that mostly to our players playing really well. I think Fran is slightly above average at putting teams on the floor and right at average at game day coaching (although people who know a lot more than me always talk about how well prepared iowa is under Fran). That puts him at slightly above average. I'm hoping he will get even better at putting talent on the floor with a more established program.

We have a tourney spot locked, just enjoy the drama of getting smashed by a 10 seed in the first round as we brick 3s all game and Fran gets mad some bullshit.
Personally, I think the Hawks need to win one more to be assured of the NCAA. Or at least to not be stuck in the first round games.

Actually, the reality is we've played like a decent team that is either on the bubble or barely off it on the right side for the entire year. We aren't a great team, we're a fairly good team.
Iowa is 10-5 in 2019 - even if they go 1-2 to finish the year they are 22-9. Perspective is not for everyone, but we have to do this after every game. I love the passion.

That is the KEY... Bouncing starts with Coach and Staff on SAME page as Players. Communicating ect. Its a do-able.Sucessful Season not out of reach. Starts at Top. Hawk Players Tough and willing.Next Win Sunday.

my_name_is_earl-show.jpg