$$$ Fran McCaffery $$$

After next year really? Did you think we would win 17 last year?

i mean at the end of next year we'll most likely make the dance, therefore kicking in Fran's incentives in his contract. i would be shocked if he got a bump and the end of this year, unless we have some kind of herby-esque big 10 season.

i mean at the end of next year we'll most likely make the dance, therefore kicking in Fran's incentives in his contract. i would be shocked if he got a bump and the end of this year, unless we have some kind of herby-esque big 10 season.

I am saying Iowa is making the NCAA tournament, but I have been saying that since the end of last season. Can you explain to me why you think it is so inconcievable that Iowa can't make it?

With injuries to Frazier/Crawford, Iowa should sweep PSU/NW/NE and Purdue is a something of a mystery, but if they can't hit a three, they struggle mightily at this time. In Utopia Iowa wins all 8 of those games, probably not, but 7-1 is a possibility.

Also, I think Iowa will play really well at home and have 2-4 upsets, that gives Iowa 20 wins...one win in the BTT and I don't see how Iowa doesn't go.

Under Fran, Iowa has shown dramatic improvement throughout conference play so....

a win over MSU and Indiana at home is very doable and they would not be upsets in my mind
Iowa is 3-1 under Fran against Indiana
even Lick beat MSU in IC as did Fran in his 1st season, both with far less talent than they had,
again beating the so called better teams in the BT, will not be as hard as people think.
the road game are where Iowa will struggle but so does everybody else,
my hope is they go 8-1 at home and win 2 on the road for a 10-8 Conference record combined with a 11-2 OOC record which looks really good right now as I expected a 10-3 record and a 20-8 overall record.

I am saying Iowa is making the NCAA tournament, but I have been saying that since the end of last season. Can you explain to me why you think it is so inconcievable that Iowa can't make it?

With injuries to Frazier/Crawford, Iowa should sweep PSU/NW/NE and Purdue is a something of a mystery, but if they can't hit a three, they struggle mightily at this time. In Utopia Iowa wins all 8 of those games, probably not, but 7-1 is a possibility.

Also, I think Iowa will play really well at home and have 2-4 upsets, that gives Iowa 20 wins...one win in the BTT and I don't see how Iowa doesn't go.

Under Fran, Iowa has shown dramatic improvement throughout conference play so....

while i'm super pleased with how we played against ISU and UNI, i'm not going to extrapolate that out to the conference schedule. that, any our terrible OOC schedule, will keep us on the outside. hopefully we'll make it, but i have absolutely no expectations for that. it would take more than a win in the BTT IMO to get in with your scenario.

Perhaps I am not deciphering things correctly, but am I reading criticism of Fran.......

Defys the imagination......

while i'm super pleased with how we played against ISU and UNI, i'm not going to extrapolate that out to the conference schedule. that, any our terrible OOC schedule, will keep us on the outside. hopefully we'll make it, but i have absolutely no expectations for that. it would take more than a win in the BTT IMO to get in with your scenario.

If Iowa gets double digit wins in BIG, they are going to finish top 7 and be in the tournament a win in BTT would be for a better seed.

OOC won't matter if Iowa doesn't lose either of the last two, there are no bad losses right now. The BIG schedule will hold a lot more weight and the last few games will matter most.

Last edited:
Perhaps I am not deciphering things correctly, but am I reading criticism of Fran.......

Defys the imagination......

No criticism here of Fran. Very happy with direction of program. The OP's question was whether things were going so well Iowa was in danger of losing Fran to a better opportunity. Consensus seems to be not for a while, at least until Fran has Iowa dancing. Even then, may be some factors that would keep the McCaffreys from leaving.

Latest posts