Fran McCaffery Talks Recruiting Class & More

I can't say I have seriously followed Iowa basketball for a few years. Sure I check the scores and standings but haven't really followed them. I have to say I was really impressed with Fran after reading that presser. Nothing against Coach Ferentz but geez, I think I actually got some real insight to Fran's decision process on this stuff. You read the question that Ferentz is going to answer and without reading it you know exactly what he is going to say. Nothing wrong with either way but it is a nice breath of fresh air.

I can't say I have seriously followed Iowa basketball for a few years. Sure I check the scores and standings but haven't really followed them. I have to say I was really impressed with Fran after reading that presser. Nothing against Coach Ferentz but geez, I think I actually got some real insight to Fran's decision process on this stuff. You read the question that Ferentz is going to answer and without reading it you know exactly what he is going to say. Nothing wrong with either way but it is a nice breath of fresh air.

you mean kirk's constant two sentence answers don't do it for you? (sarcasm)

fran is a breath of fresh air to a program that was all but on life support.

As someone else stated, 'if you do not get excited after reading the article, you had better have your pulse checked'

Fran is just what this program needed and I am lovin' everything Iowa Basketball!

I also like the part when he talked about Brust whining to him about not coming up to see him when it was a dead period.

We will be better without Benny

People on here were saying Brust was the second coming because he could score some points in high school, and "recruiting expert" Van Coleman said the Brust, Larson, Marble, McCabe class was one of the best ever. Once they are no longer Iowa guys though they apparently suck.

All that said, Fran gets "it" and it makes me the chills. He is confident, yet not too confident. Basically he seems like the perfect fit for the Hawks. I loved the shots at Fuller and Brust who just wanted the attention but had their minds made up anyways.

People on here were saying Brust was the second coming because he could score some points in high school, and "recruiting expert" Van Coleman said the Brust, Larson, Marble, McCabe class was one of the best ever. Once they are no longer Iowa guys though they apparently suck. All that said, Fran gets "it" and it makes me the chills. He is confident, yet not too confident. Basically he seems like the perfect fit for the Hawks. I loved the shots at Fuller and Brust who just wanted the attention but had their minds made up anyways.

I am not arguing that at all. Most everyone was stoaked about that class. As we look at it now though it allowed Fran all these scholarships. I was p!ssed when we lost Fuller. I wasnt to stoaked on the class knowing Lick rectruited them. Honestly when I first heard about Fran I thought we had Lick 2.0. That changed quickly when I heard Fran talk. I'm a youngin I grew up with Tom Davis. I love Tom, I have many interactions with him but I honestly think Fran is gonna take us to the next level. Way to d@mn late but I am stoaked.

Fran gives great PC.
I was never a huge Brust fan,but I was ****** that Wisky was able to circumvent established conference rules to steal him,and clearly Fran does not have Bo Ryan on his Christmas card list either. Bo is a jerk.
Larson,I was suspect on after his arrest.
I love how Fran makes it clear he likes the two that stayed.
And how Fran talks about how unethical Billy Donovan ,Bo Ryan and USC was in coming to poach players. Call a spade a spade,Frannie!

I agree that you ask Fran a five word question and he will give you a 5000 word response...and I like it. This is his day of triumph and he deserves to crow a bit.
He came in with exactly the kind of attitude and plan that I hoped he would,and most importantly,he executed it flawlessly. That is the polar opposite on all fronts for the last guy.
And yes,CAAR,we all know that you were one of those ready to ''beat the drum'' if Fran did not come thru with this class, and yes, I agreed with you that it was a crucial class if Fran was going to be a success. But, you never had faith,while I did.
In the end,who cares? Fran came thru,and I am confident he has an aggressive gameplan for the 2013 class also.

I sure hope the fan base is still this positive with Fran when this years team goes through the struggles it's going to encounter. Even with this great recruiting class coming in it is very hard to predict that they are gonna be equal to the old Fab Five.

I still think we struggle this year but will be a better overall unit. I just hope our fans are still there if/when this happens. I believe we are back but we won't see the great results for another couple years.

People on here were saying Brust was the second coming because he could score some points in high school, and "recruiting expert" Van Coleman said the Brust, Larson, Marble, McCabe class was one of the best ever. Once they are no longer Iowa guys though they apparently suck. All that said, Fran gets "it" and it makes me the chills. He is confident, yet not too confident. Basically he seems like the perfect fit for the Hawks. I loved the shots at Fuller and Brust who just wanted the attention but had their minds made up anyways.

Personally I was stoked about Brust and still think he will be a good D1 player at Wisconsin. I think he will be much better player at UW than he would be here under Fran or Lick and I also believe that Fran has identified combo guards that will better accomplish his goals. Is that fair?

We flat dodged a bullet with Parson and I will take either White or Olesani 8 days a week over him.

Personally I was stoked about Brust and still think he will be a good D1 player at Wisconsin. I think he will be much better player at UW than he would be here under Fran or Lick and I also believe that Fran has identified combo guards that will better accomplish his goals. Is that fair?

We flat dodged a bullet with Parson and I will take either White or Olesani 8 days a week over him.

I think that is fair. I just really don't think he will be successful in the Big Ten. He is too short and kind of shoots like a girl which hurts more with his height. I am not sure why he didn't redshirt last season because he got very little run. He is a very good guy to have as your 10+ player imo, but he was going to have to play major minutes with Lick.

I agree on Larson. He may be skilled but he obviously has some demons he needs to deal with at some point.

I see Brust as one of those pesky gym rat types that opposing teams hate to play and opposing fan bases love to hate. I think he is going to be solid At UW. Time will tell.

ok, finished the interview.

Can we fast forward this season to next year? I am jacked up (again) about this incoming class and cannot wait to see them on the court wearing black and gold.

Latest posts