FRAN MCCAFFERY LETTER TO HAWKEYE FANS

Just trying to think how this compared to Lick's season-ending letters to the fans, or even Alford's. Anyone have those filed away some place?

Just trying to think how this compared to Lick's season-ending letters to the fans, or even Alford's. Anyone have those filed away some place?
Excellent point. Didn't he write a letter to fans after last season as well? If Fran can't turn this around, it won't be because of his effort.

Excellent point. Didn't he write a letter to fans after last season as well? If Fran can't turn this around, it won't be because of his effort.

Really love Fran's passion, the way he connects with fans. Pretty apparent players like playing for him, even if bench chairs are an endangered species when he's near.

I really believe he'll get it done.

Fran really seems like he is one of a kind. As an Iowa Hawkeye fan I feel extremely fortunate he is our teams coach!

Fran is already better than Lick. I'll take that for now. My dislike of Lickliter is way worse than it is for Alford.

I am relatively new to this posting thing and I haven't been crucified yet. But the time has come.

Although I appreciate the "thank you" and I am a fan and supporter of Fran, this strikes me as nothing more than a PR move to say "look at all of the improvement we have accomplished" wrapped in the guise of a thank you.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. In fact I respect Fran for his savvy. Truly.

But I am less convinced that this is purely a thank you out from the goodness of the Hawkeyes' hearts.

There is an agenda to rally the base, and it is working.

I am relatively new to this posting thing and I haven't been crucified yet. But the time has come.

Although I appreciate the "thank you" and I am a fan and supporter of Fran, this strikes me as nothing more than a PR move to say "look at all of the improvement we have accomplished" wrapped in the guise of a thank you.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. In fact I respect Fran for his savvy. Truly.

But I am less convinced that this is purely a thank you out from the goodness of the Hawkeyes' hearts.

There is an agenda to rally the base, and it is working.

You don't say? I suppose next you're going to tell us that isn't just playing dumb in his pressers? Or some other groundbreaking piece of information, perhaps?

Everybody knows exactly what this letter is. Doesn't mean it doesn't get people excited for next season.

Yep. That is what I say. Go Hawks

tm3308 the pleasantries that you present make a person feel welcome. It sure is nice when you can contribute nothing other than being a condescending ***** to a fellow fan. But whatever makes you feel good - knock yourself out.

While there is of course an agenda, it is an agenda that Fran is doing extremely well, with tact and humbleness. I think Fran is a great coach and we'll see what he's got when he unleashes his stable of hungry thoroughbreds next Fall.

tm3308 the pleasantries that you present make a person feel welcome. It sure is nice when you can contribute nothing other than being a condescending ***** to a fellow fan. But whatever makes you feel good - knock yourself out.

You said you were prepared to get crucified. Everybody knows what it is. No need to throw the proverbial cold bucket of water on the topic.

tm's good peeps...you'll realize it in time and you'll forgive him for his comment...that being said, you can't come in here representing Cobra Kai and then take offense to HN's Danny LaRusso kickin' your a$$ at the All Valley! SACK UP, MAN! And welcome to HN!

Latest posts