Fran Looking Around?

In his defense, Lick had been NCOY and been to two sweet 16's with a team from the Horizon when he was hired. His name had a lot more sizzle then Fran.

But I don't remember schools clamoring for him. I do remember many on here, myself not included, that questioned bringing Lick in with his style of play and not being a good fit here. I was willing to give him a chance, at the time, until I found myself falling asleep watching his teams play.

I think this is nothing more than a bargaining chip. We have been told how many times that the ultimate goal for the McCaff crew is for Connor and Pat to play together on their Dad’s team. They are 5 months away from that possibly happening, if he went elsewhere who knows if that would ever happen and it certainly wouldn’t happen for at least another season.

But I don't remember schools clamoring for him. I do remember many on here, myself not included, that questioned bringing Lick in with his style of play and not being a good fit here. I was willing to give him a chance, at the time, until I found myself falling asleep watching his teams play.

we were gonna be like the fighting Bo Ryans. I am a total sheep and thought, wow, the Butler guy? Great hire.

I'd still kept an eye peeled. Chairs can come from anywhere, at any time. And might I suggest sideways evasive measures? Ducking may not be the move on that one.

He's the 10th highest paid coach in the B1G, I have zero doubt that Fran thinks he's underpaid.

In his defense, Lick had been NCOY and been to two sweet 16's with a team from the Horizon when he was hired. His name had a lot more sizzle then Fran.
Not among people in the know. Anyone that knew anything about that Butler staff, knew that Stevenson was the engine. Barta should have known because he's supposed to be one of those people in the know. Or at the very least, he should have known someone that was in the know.

Not among people in the know. Anyone that knew anything about that Butler staff, knew that Stevenson was the engine. Barta should have known because he's supposed to be one of those people in the know. Or at the very least, he should have known someone that was in the know.

Don't disagree with that in hindsight.

"No" means "Yes" in college hoops, just not on a date #metoo

On the flip side, I seem to remember Rick Majerus to Iowa being a "done deal" only to have RM quickly squash that rumor. In other words, I don't really put a lot of stock in what's being said until things actually happen and something becomes official.

I also don't recall hearing a peep about "Fran to Iowa" until the moment the hire was announced. Everybody seemed to keep a really tight lid on that one.

None of this means I think Fran IS leaving. Just have to wait and see what Arkansas does.

IIRC it was not until after Lick was hired that he got NCOY from someone. At least that’s my memory. But I’m old.

It wasn't a matter of hindsight. At the time, it was known. Every poster on the Butler message board said "don't take Brad Stevens".

and that's my bad. Not a lot gets passed ole Lightning1. I knew you already knew it before you even told me and I should have said "At the time it looked like a good hire to most except Lightning1, who knew it was going to be a disaster" - next time I'll stay in line.

Latest posts