Fran Expects Connor Back, Looking for Big Man

So glad Fran sees the need for a transfer big. I hope our two young centers can take a giant leap, but I sure would not bet the season on it.

From his comment on transfer out, I suspect he sees a decent chance that Uhlis or JT might leave. I think both have a chance to start or have decent minutes at Iowa again, but I guess it depends on how likely the incoming freshmen is to have a big role. I don't see that it makes a lot of sense for either of them to leave, and Fran plays a big line-up, but we shall see.

It's going to be hard to see 1 each of Ogundele/Mulvey and Ulis/JT getting decent minutes next year. Pretty sure Dix will RS to heal up fully but they can't run 12 players deep next year. Might make sense for Mulvey to RS too if they grab a big as grad transfer.

isnt there a guard coming in that is suppose to be really good that some feel will finally be that guard Fran has been lacking?

Bowen is supposed to be good, but is he the missing piece as a true frosh? Not sure he is that good. First, he is skinny. Like 165ish. He is quick and a better shooter than JT and Uhlis. I think he will come in and compete for the starting job, but whether he is a clear upgrade is very much an open question. I personally like JT.

Bowen is supposed to be good, but is he the missing piece as a true frosh? Not sure he is that good. First, he is skinny. Like 165ish. He is quick and a better shooter than JT and Uhlis. I think he will come in and compete for the starting job, but whether he is a clear upgrade is very much an open question. I personally like JT.
Bowen might start as the back up, for about one game. Huge step up at point from what we've seen at Iowa. JT will share until Bowen takes the starting spot. Mac might just plug him in, honestly the sooner the better.

Bowen might start as the back up, for about one game. Huge step up at point from what we've seen at Iowa. JT will share until Bowen takes the starting spot. Mac might just plug him in, honestly the sooner the better.
We can hope. I am not sure.

Im still trying to process why anyone thinks that Connor coming back is good for us. I mean we play 4 on 5 on offense. And I do get he does do the little intangible stuff but I see alot of teams that have 5 guys that can ball and fill it up we dont need one intangible guy we need a whole team of them and guys that can just ball. If he comes back its another year to set us back he is just not good guys. He wouldnt start at Kirkwood and thats a fact.

Im still trying to process why anyone thinks that Connor coming back is good for us. I mean we play 4 on 5 on offense. And I do get he does do the little intangible stuff but I see alot of teams that have 5 guys that can ball and fill it up we dont need one intangible guy we need a whole team of them and guys that can just ball. If he comes back its another year to set us back he is just not good guys. He wouldnt start at Kirkwood and thats a fact.

Because we understand his value

Looking for a big man and actually getting a serviceable big man out of the portal will be a challenge. You gotta find a guy that fits the bill academically, athletically, gels with the other players and has the ability to plug-in and produce. Right now I don't see a lot of guys in the portal 6'9+ that really fit the bill...maybe a re-recruit like Gabe Wiznitzer, but I haven't seen any indication that Iowa has reached out to the Louisville transfer.

Latest posts