Fran Busy Shopping

koolhandlick

I see that according to the Rivals Database that for the period of 2011 thru 2014 Iowa has offers on the table to 23 players from 13 different states. 7 for 2011, 12 for 2012, 3 for 2013, and 1 for 2014. You would think that out of this group Fran could pick up a few players who can turn things around at Iowa. Interesting to see that Walter Pitchford, Gabe Olaseni, Peter Jok, and Tyus Jones only have offers from Iowa at this time.

Of the 2011 guys, if one of the PG offers accepted (Guerrero, Carter or Stokes) along with one of the bigs (Katenda, Pitchford or Olesani), I'd be happy. While not as good as I'm expecting in the future, that would be a pretty good 1st class. I realize Fran had to recruit Marble, McCabe and Basabe, but I still consider this class his first true recruiting class. 2 of those 6, plus White and Oglesby would provide a significant upgrade in talent and athleticism next year. With those four, plus everyone returning having a year under the system, I'd expect a pretty good improvement next year. Maybe not enough to get to the postseason, but still, a good improvement.

As for the future recruits, the two I'm looking forward to possibly coming to Iowa the most are Woodbury and Jok. I have no idea if either or both will end up in IA City, but I'm hopeful.

Rivals said that Guerreo is expected to sign with a Big 12 school. I hope his visit to Iowa changes his mind. Stokes or Carter would also be great for Iowa.

Rivals said that Guerreo is expected to sign with a Big 12 school. I hope his visit to Iowa changes his mind. Stokes or Carter would also be great for Iowa.

I'd be thrilled with any of the three. Guerrero would probably be my #1 choice, but all three have skillsets that are lacking on the Hawks. Someone that can create off the bounce would be a shot in the arm. I wouldn't even care as much about the outside shooting, getting someone that can penetrate and get to the rim will help to open up the offense.

Latest posts