Fran, Baer, Moss at B1G Media Day

I think the 3 was by far our weakest position. It sounds like Wieskamp is one of the best defenders on the team and he's probably going to be the best slasher we have. We are pretty much turning our worst position into one of our best. That's a huge upgrade.
The 1 was our worst defensive position IMO. The 3 was a close second. The 1 is the most important defensive position on the floor. At this point, I'll take any defensive help we can get at any position.

Sounds like Fran is focusing on transition defense. That's good, but I wonder what he's emphasizing in the half court D.

Also, the Messiah has arrived! ;)

I still blv a 1-3-1 defense will help us defend the "3", at least occasionally!

Fair enough. The +/- from that position is probably better than the 3. But getting whipped at the top of the defense puts every other player on the floor in a bad spot.

I have a feeling Wieskamp will have the best +/- on the team this year. I'm hoping Cook is a better all around player this year and its him, but I have my doubts on that happening.

Fair enough. The +/- from that position is probably better than the 3. But getting whipped at the top of the defense puts every other player on the floor in a bad spot.
It's unbelievable! No way would Bo Ryan have played his brother Jason, or any other guard, if they were not holding their own on defense. No way in Hades. Yet Jordan comes out of the same family and same high school program and maybe even the same AAU program and he treats defense like it's a disease.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out what the common denominator is here. I would take 6-8 ppg from Jordan, or less, in exchange for more effort on defense. Tony Carr isnt around to abuse him any longer so there is a tiny ray of hope. Unfortunately, many more still are.

The 1 was our worst defensive position IMO. The 3 was a close second. The 1 is the most important defensive position on the floor. At this point, I'll take any defensive help we can get at any position.

I anticipate JBos minutes will go down which will make our defense better and I don’t think the offense will have to sacrifice with the addition of Joe.

It's unbelievable! No way would Bo Ryan have played his brother Jason, or any other guard, if they were not holding their own on defense. No way in Hades. Yet Jordan comes out of the same family and same high school program and maybe even the same AAU program and he treats defense like it's a disease.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out what the common denominator is here. I would take 6-8 ppg from Jordan, or less, in exchange for more effort on defense. Tony Carr isnt around to abuse him any longer so there is a tiny ray of hope. Unfortunately, many more still are.
It's why Wisconsin didn't offer him.

Do it when Bohannon is not in the game. It would have a much better chance of working if Dailey or Connor are up top and even that is no guarantee.

We have the length for it. Wish we had more athleticism for it.

Connor might not be all that quick, but he has the savvy to stay in front and harass the opposition, at least not making it so easy. Jordan had the foot problem and is not that quick on D anyway, in addition to not being able to grow a few more inches.....

:cool:

Well compared to the defense they faced against one another in practices last yr....

tumblr_ns9rmhX7LS1uxle3jo1_1280.gif