Fran, Baer, Moss at B1G Media Day

Interesting that JW was brought up but Cook wasn't at all... Can't talk about everyone and everything I guess but that sorta surprised me that with Cook flirting with going pro and all that he'd have been brought up.

Sounds like Fran is focusing on transition defense. That's good, but I wonder what he's emphasizing in the half court D.

Also, the Messiah has arrived! ;)

I dont even care if wieskamp can score or not. This team doesnt need more scoring. They need defense and rebounds

I don’t understand why Cook wasn’t there?

Nor was Bohannon, arguably the 2 best players. Fran opted to take the more veteran guys in Baer (5th year) and Moss (4th year) in the program. I believe Cook and Baer went last year if memory serves me right.

Nor was Bohannon, arguably the 2 best players. Fran opted to take the more veteran guys in Baer (5th year) and Moss (4th year) in the program. I believe Cook and Baer went last year if memory serves me right.

You are right, I am positive Cook was there THIS year. I am not reading into it too much, but with all the leader talk and people thinking he might be All B1G material I found it at least curious.

I think TC and JB were on the BTN set with Fran last year. Maybe not. Anyway, these media days are crazy. They're doing a bunch of different interviews for print, online, TV and radio. It's pretty much non-stop.

I think TC and JB were on the BTN set with Fran last year. Maybe not. Anyway, these media days are crazy. They're doing a bunch of different interviews for print, online, TV and radio. It's pretty much non-stop.
kinda like the car wash or whatever they call it on ESPN i suppose. I think those 4 are a great group to take to media days.

Sounds like Fran is focusing on transition defense. That's good, but I wonder what he's emphasizing in the half court D.

Also, the Messiah has arrived! ;)
That's funny because a HC that's made up his mind about playing uptempo offense with lots of subs, would choose to focus on the area of defense that will have the least effect on his offense. I guess he feels like if we hustle back in our transition defense, that will solve the problem. He's either extremely stubborn or extremely clueless about the problems in our half court defense. And Gutless Gary shackled us to this guy. Pathetic.

Has Izzo been taking any tough questions? He sure did a good job of dodging them all till now anyway.. Wondering if there'll be any 'Meyer like quotes' coming from him at this.

I like "Joe Wieskamp is a very good defender". His good defense surprised Moss and Baer.

I think the 3 was by far our weakest position. It sounds like Wieskamp is one of the best defenders on the team and he's probably going to be the best slasher we have. We are pretty much turning our worst position into one of our best. That's a huge upgrade.

Latest posts