Foundation

ibahawkeye

I'm afraid that we really only have one quality player to build around: Fuller.

The only other player that I could make an argument for is May.

Cully, Gatens, and Cole are all coming off the bench (at best) for a decent Big 10 team.

Gatens is not a #1 guy and anybody who wanted him to be that wants to much out of him.

I don't think Gatens is a #1 and I don't expect him to be... my OP was raising the question on who can we really rely on to build a solid foundation for this team to become a factor in the Big 10.

I don't think Gatens is a #1 and I don't expect him to be... my OP was raising the question on who can we really rely on to build a solid foundation for this team to become a factor in the Big 10.

Payne, May, and Fuller seem to be the type of guys that a coach can build a team around.

Payne, May, and Fuller seem to be the type of guys that a coach can build a team around.

I can see where you would say Payne... However, I think for Payne to be successful at PG we need an absolute playmaker at SG.

I guess I didn't realize this when I originally posted but I don't think that both Gatens and Payne can start and be successful. If one is going to start, the other needs a playmaker at the other position.

I do agree that Payne, May, Fuller and Gatens have a lot of potential -- but we need more athletes. Wisconsin's athleticism (doesn't that sound like an oxymoron?) really showed tonight.

I don't think we have any guys that you can build a proram around. I think May, Fuller, Gatens and Cully are complimentary parts that would be nice to have IF you had a few guys to really build around.

I don't think we have any guys that you can build a proram around. I think May, Fuller, Gatens and Cully are complimentary parts that would be nice to have IF you had a few guys to really build around.

I think it's too early to tell that right now.

I'm not questioning our players athletic ability in any way. But you eventually have to wonder if our coach is allowing them to utilize their strengths.

Take May for example. I feel he is handicapped in this offense. We will never see his potential as a playmaker in Lick's system. We will only get to see glimpses.

Fuller, Gatens and May are good athletes. They are not great basketball players. They put the black and gold on and I root for them. They are however not B10 superstars. Fuller is the closest thing we have to a PLAHER....Lick is too blame for bringing his staff of nobodies with him and his lack of getting the deal sealed with any type of a difference maker.

Latest posts